Chapter 1

A gentle breeze blew through the courtyard and a rusted screech echoed throughout the yard as the front gate was pried open for the day. Crowds of students walked through the metal gate and the school began to fill with life as everyone made their was inside the building. A (h/c) girl wandered in after her classmates and sat her bag down on her desk inside the classroom before walking into the hallway once more.

 A shrill voice echoed down the halls and (Y/N) spun around just in time to see the silhouette of a young girl with white hair and sea-foam green ends bolting towards her before stumbling to a stop to catch her breath for a few seconds. She gasped for air before raising her face towards (Y/N)'s once more, beaming. "Morning (Y/N)!" her face was flushed from her run as (Y/N) smiled and giggled at her. "Good morning to you too Nene-Chan." (Y/N) waved to her as she shifted from one foot to another excitedly, her face flushed slightly again as she gazed at (Y/N) once more "Could I ask you for a small favor (Y/N)-San?" (Y/N) smiled and patted her shoulder, "Of course, what do you need? Yashiro studied her face looking for any sense of sarcasm but found only sincerity.

 She smiled once more and wiped her hands on her skirt "Well, have you heard the rumors of the seven wonders of the school?" (Y/N) tilted her head and gazed at her with her round (e/c) eyes, "Who hasn't, why are you asking?" Yashiro's face flushed again and fidgeted her hands together. "I wanted to try and summon Hanako, the ghost on the third floor bathroom of the old school building" she scratched the back of her neck nervously and continued "I'm to scared to go alone, could you come with me (Y/N)-San?" (Y/N) smiled despite the fear blooming in her chest and nodded silently. A look of relief crossed Yashiro's face as she clapped her hands together, "Perfect! thank you so much (Y/N)-San!" Yashiro pulled (Y/N) in for a quick hug and dashed back down the hallway, beaming until she disappeared into the classroom at the far end of the hall. A cold sweat dripped down (Y/N)'s forehead as she swallowed the lump forming in her throat "I told myself that I wouldn't get involved in the wonders of the school, but if Yashiro needs my help then so be it." The warning bell rang throughout the school and (Y/N) shook her head, clearing it as she padded into her class, the fear of the seven wonders lay as thick as mist in the silent wooden halls.

The bell signaling the end of classes rang out against the wooden as students filed out of the classrooms once more. (Y/N) grasped her bag and dug her fingers into the handle as she began to make her way towards the old school building, she reached the third floor and saw Yashiro waiting for her outside of the bathroom. Her face lit up and she breathed a sigh or relief as she saw (Y/N), "I thought you were joking when you said you'd help me (Y/N)-San." She held our her hand to (Y/N), "We'd better get going before I get to scared and can't go in anymore." Her cheeks flushed red and (Y/N) grasped her hand before the two of them made their way into the bathroom as sweat beaded on (Y/N)'s forehead.

(Y/N) leaned against the sink as Yashiro approached the far stall, and balled her fingers into a fist as she reached up to knock on the door. 

Knock  

                  Knock 

                                           Knock

Yashiro gulped and gripped her hands together as she kept going. "Hanako, Hanako, Hanako."

(Y/N) yawned as she observed, starting to doubt the rumors were even true before a boyish laugh echoed through the bathroom. "Here I amm~" A hand gripped the corner of the stall and it squeaked as it was pulled inwards, (Y/N) saw Yashiro stiffen and cover her face with her hands as the stall opened, however it appeared empty as (Y/N) walked to Yashiro's side to peer inside the stall, to make sure it was really empty. (Y/N) took a few steps into the stall, checking every spot where the spirit could be hiding but found only empty air. (Y/N) turned back to Yashiro and shrugged her shoulders, confused but a bit relieved. "Seems like the rumors were lying after all, sorry Yashiro."