Chapter 8

(Y/N) felt comforting warmth surrounding her as she opened her eyes to find herself sat on a bed in some sort of room, the walls swam with colour, vibrant reds mixing with delicate purples and blues, one of them gave way to a windowpane overlooking a lower level, shallow water covered the floor. She scratched her head in confusion as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, her mind was scrambled as she took in the scene around her and she wracked her brain trying to recall how she had ended up in such a place. Realization hit her like a punch to the face as her mind stilled and she was able to remember and a shiver ran up her spine, "What did he mean by that? Since when was I his in the first place!" Frustration began to mix with her apprehension, making her feel nauseated as she shook off the blankets and rose from the bed before making her way to the window. She pressed her fingertips to the cold glass as she gazed through, the only thing present there was a small table with a few chairs and various treats stacked on a round display tower along with a few cups and a teapot. The setup was surrounded by several intricately carved pillars, along with a large wooden door and dozens of golden windows and small mirrors, scattered seemingly at random throughout the room, there were even a few present in her room. "Strange, why would he bring me here?" She gazed at the scenery spread out below her, before retreating back to sit on the springy mattress in the corner and began puzzling over her next move. She glanced around the room once more, she hadn't noticed it before but the furniture spanned across the space was strangely accurate to how her room looked back home, even down to the small scratches engraved into the side of the desk from one of her breakdowns where she had dug her nails into the tender wood, her fingers had ached the next day. "Creepy.." She got up and walked over to the dresser, her footsteps echoed with small splashes as she picked up one of the plushies her father had given her after a trip to visit her grandparents house outside of town, she studied it closely and it was an exact replica of the one in her room back home. "I thought he was bound to the school, how could he know what my room looks like.." She clutched the rabbit tightly before dropping it into the puddles, something the thing scared and revolted her as she frantically searched for a way out, a door or at least something! A thought struck her and she raced back to the window, the door was tantalizingly close, just meters away. She walked back to the desk and picked up the chair, her muscles tightened and strained as she hoisted it over her head and threw it at the window, however it merely bounced off and ricocheted back at her as she dove out of the way, one of the legs brushed the top of her head as it flew past and made a loud bang followed by several loud cracks as the wood split when it met the ground. She stood up and dusted herself off, when she looked down to see that even her clothes were different, her uniform had changed to a dark purple dress that stopped above her knees, with small white dots scattered like stars, although you couldn't see them unless you were close. The bottom was lined with black ruffles and long elegant sleeves that reached down to her wrists, purple fading to black at the ends, a black choker embedded with small shining pieces of amber was strung across her neck. She walked over to a mirror in one of the corners and gazed at herself for a few moments before slapping her cheeks to clear her head, "Focus (Y/N)! Now isn't the time to be admiring yourself." She turned away and shifted to gaze at the now-broken chair sitting in a mangled pile on the floor, there wasn't a visible door that she could see anywhere aside from the one below the window, she sat back on the bed and leaned forward resting her elbows on her knees, cradling one cheek in her hand as she stared at the wall. "Now what? There's no way I am staying here but.. what else can I do right now? Other than the chair I don't think breaking that window is gonna work." She took one last look around the room before another realization hit her, "I bet this is one of the boundaries Yashiro was talking about! She said that in order to destroy it you need to destroy their, yorishiro did she call it?" She flopped back onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling, "Not like I can do much right now, guess the only thing left to do is wait." She didn't want to see all the weird similarities between here and home anymore, it made her stomach churn as she rolled over to face the wall and closed her eyes.