~10.17...2~

Psych!  Definitely got too excited with the last chapter and cranked out a new one.  Little bit of a filler, but some background stuff coming out?  Warning: next chapter is gonna be important, I can feel it.  Hope you all enjoy.

(Two weeks from NOW will be next update.Xx)

Also, sorry for any possible typos/excessive repeating of words.  I definitely don't have the mental energy to fix it right now.

    I was shocked at first, used to staying in by now.  With whatever this situation had become, it’d never been a question of whether or not I could leave — the answer had been a reflexive no.  I had a hard time deciding by Jason’s expression if he was serious, and finally concluded that I’d take him literally.

    “Why would I do that?” I asked skeptically.

    “Because I want you with me,” Jason said casually, squeezing my waist before placing a kiss to my nose.

    I scrunched it and looked down at myself.  “Let me change.”

    “Don’t make me wait too long,” he said with a grin, pecking my cheek before leaving me.

    I ran down quickly to get one of my duffels, then jogged back upstairs.  Kneeling down beside it, I unzipped it quickly — but stopped short when I saw what rested on top.  I hadn’t grabbed my bag, I’d grabbed one of Jason’s.  And sitting inside was my phone.

    I could’ve sworn the universe was testing me.  It wanted me to fail, wanted me to look at my phone and text my brother or Tyler or someone to let them know where I was.  My resistance was much greater than the pull, though, and Jason was the reason.  More and more I found myself wanting to just be with him, as if standing near him could lighten a bad mood.  Whenever I was with him, I didn’t think about the boys I’d previously lived with.  It was nice, and I didn’t have plans of changing it anytime soon.

    I shoved my phone deep into the duffel and zipped it quickly, then slid it a good ten feet away from me.  Then I stood, intent on taking one of my duffel bags.  When I returned to the master, opened the duffel and found and outfit as quickly as I could, hoping the time I’d wasted hadn’t made Jason change his mind.  I was going out in public for the first time in what felt like forever.

    Once I’d changed into black skinny jeans and an airy purple top, I practically skipped steps running downstairs.  Jason was leaning on the island in the kitchen, talking to Leo and Carter.

    I turned into the entry way where I’d left my boots and shoved my feet into them.  I snuck a glance out the front window and saw a white Subaru WRX pull up to the curb.  Xander got out of the driver’s seat and the other guy — Tyson — hopped out of the passenger’s side.  They both looked at the house and nodded to each other, probably talking about the size and stature of it.  This house was certainly a step up from the last.

    Before they caught me staring out from the door, I turned and walked back to the kitchen.  Jason smiled and placed his arm around my waist.

    “Ready?”

    I nodded, returning his grin.