stop that!

word count: 2343

there was a small knock heard from downstairs, richie assumed it would just be some girl scout or someone that wanted to talk to his parents. his parents weren't even home anyways, so he decided to ignore it.

another knock could be heard, this time it was a bit more harsh, it was definitely louder than the first one. richie groaned, he was annoyed at this person. he didn't want their stupid fucking cookies, he didnt have money anyways so he couldn't buy them even if he wanted to.

who the fuck is at the door, goddamn.

richie was about to yell, to tell the person to leave him alone. before he could tell them to shut up and go away he heard them knock again. he decided to get up and tell them to leave, straight to their face.

as he started walking down the stairs the person began to yell something.

"richie i swear to go if you don't open this fucking door right now!"

richie mentally face-palmed and quickly ran down the stairs. he immediately recognized the angry voice.

he opened the door and stared at the ground embarrassed. "god im so fucking sorry eds, i thought you were some stupid girl scout or some shit," richie stops talking to look up at the boy, "holy shit, what the fuck happened?"

eddie's lip was bleeding and there were small cuts on his face. the rest of his body, meaning his arms and probably his stomach, was starting to bruise.

"well," eddie pauses, slightly embarrassed, "i fell off my bike earlier, and i'm pretty sure bowers saw it happen."

richie stood there confused, not understanding how falling off his bike could have done all this.

"then later, henry stopped me in the halls. he called me stupid and clumsy," he pauses again, this time he seemed sad, "he just, he started beating be until i couldn't breathe properly."

richie froze. how could someone be so fucking mean? especially to someone as perfect as eddie. he quickly pulled the the smaller boy into a hug, making sure he didn't hurt him more than he already was.

eddie hugged back, he felt like he was about to cry, he was so close to breaking. richie's hug made him feel alive again, it was as if all the pain had been taken away.

the hug brought him more warmth than any blanket had ever given him. when he and Richie broke apart from each other he felt cold again. eddie was so confused, why did hugging richie make him feel so warm?

eddie was brought out of his thoughts as soon as he felt richie grab his hand, pulling him upstairs and into the bathroom across from his bedroom. he didn't want to let go of the other boy's hand, it made him feel all warm inside again.

his cheeks flushed a light shade of pink when he realized how tightly he had been holding onto richie's hand. eddie loosened his grip and let go of richie's hand completely as he sat down on the edge of the bathtub.

richie could see eddie blushing out of the corner of his eye, he went back to facing the cupboard and searched for supplies to clean eddie up, pretending he didn't notice the blush on the boy's face. although a smirk was on his face the entire time he got the things from the cupboard. he turned back to face eddie, who was trying to hide his face in his hands.

richie smiled and pulled the boys small hands away from his face, revealing his cheeks that were dusted pink. "come on eds, let me see that cute face of yours!" he said, only making the other boys face turn a darker shade.