6. Of Queen and The Beatles

Hey, hey, hey! How are you guys doing?

I hope that, in some way, reading Wattpad books helps you out especially during this time of quarantines and lockdowns. Honestly, writing here keeps me leveled. It feels nice.

If you got books to recommend, go ahead! Anyway, for now, see ya!

-/-/-

It's day one of our waiting game. We had to make sure the coast was clear before we headed out to Staten Island to find the fourth Judge, so it meant no coming in and out of the building. Most of Ian's, Damien's, and Courtney's stuff are here, but thanks to the pale guy Courtney tackled who has now become her friend, we managed to transport their things to Hotel LaRousse, where they stayed. On the other hand, we told Damien to keep an eye out for the guards for two days using the surveillance cameras we brought in from Smosh. In short, yes, I was stuck in Alex's apartment with Alex alone.

She hasn't warmed up to me ever since yesterday's hug though, but at least now I understand why.

"Good morning!" I greet her as I set some food on the dining table. "Do you have any allergies? Because if you do, get your meds because I'm not letting you not eat this breakfast because of an allergy."

"Not that I know of," she answers, walking towards me. I pull her chair for her and push her into the table, she only nods.

"This is the Shayne Special," I tell her. "First off, poached eggs, because I like runny eggs even though hard-boiled eggs are the way to go when you're on a diet. Second, mashed potatoes with gravy, because that shit's tasty, that's why they rhyme. Over here, we got some green leafy lettuce with corn, carrots, and peas. Melty cheese just for you, because I hate cheese. There's also bacon, and lastly, orange juice made from fresh oranges I had the pale guy buy at the market for us. I don't know how Courtney's gotten him twisted in her fingers, but it sure helps out a lot. His tip for me is to drown the bacon in cheese, but since cheese is my mortal enemy, you do it."

"This is nice," she mumbles. "You used up my ingredients, didn't you?"

"Not all of them," I answer, putting some mashed potatoes on her plate. "But hey, those three are probably having such good breakfast right now at the hotel, it's just unfair that we don't."

"Why did you do this?" she asks. "You're my guest, I should be cooking for you."

"Dazzle me tomorrow before we leave, Sensei-Chef," I tell her, smiling. "Today, I'm hosting. And why, you ask? I dunno, I haven't gotten the chance to thank you for everything that's happened."

That wasn't true. Though I was grateful to Alex, a part of me just wanted to eat breakfast with her. We both reach for the juice, and I take it to pour some on her glass before mine. "I don't usually say grace, but if you do, then lead the way," I say.

"I'm not gonna say grace to the Committee," she replies.

"Good point."

After breakfast, I insisted on washing the dishes, which she found unusual but agreed to it anyway. Afterwards, she's back at her desk again, reading and reading a book about Staten Island or whatever. I walk towards her and ask, "Is that gramophone yours?" I point at the gramophone at the corner, and she just nods, not looking up from her book. I take one of the records and put it on the plateau. Freddie Mercury sings in the background, and I walk in front of Alex. She looks at me, confused, before I turn around and lip-sync the lyrics of "Love of My Life."

"If you don't know the lyrics to this song, I'd have to teach you," I tell her.

She then walks over to the small keyboard she has before playing along with the band and asks me, "Can you sing?"