10. Of Books and Mansions

Hey, guys! How are you doing?

I made a Spotify playlist for SYAS, but I cannot share the link here for confidentiality reasons. Here are the songs for your convenience though:

1. She Had The World - Panic! At The Disco
2. In My Life - The Beatles
3. In My Life (from "Yesterday") - Himesh Patel
4. Love of My Life - Queen
5. Empire State of Mind - Jay Z and Alicia Keys
6. Dying in LA - P!ATD
7. Planetarium (from "La La Land") - Justin Hurwitz
8. Princess Mononoke Theme Song - Joe Hisaishi
9. Young and Beautiful - Lana del Rey
10. Stop the World - Demi Lovato

The rest of the songs can be seen up there at the media section!

Anyway, let's get started! Go have a listen to those songs if you want while reading, and see ya!

-/-/-

I didn't know what to do. For the first time in this journey, I had no idea what I had to do. The fifth Judge didn't give me an idea about the third one, and I didn't know he would be a social media hacker or whatever.

From: 12Three45
I know you're reading this, there is no use in hiding.

From: Shayne Topp
Hello, third Judge. I didn't really expect meeting you on social media instead of in person.

From: 12Three45
I heard from the fifth Judge that now, you are unable to find the afterlife station because the fourth Judge was defeated in a battle with Jorgen, who was also killed off in that battle. How are you and the lawyer? If you wish to have some aid in finding it, I can give it to you, but you will have to do a task for me.

From: Shayne Topp
What kind of task?

From: 12Three45
I will need you to locate a special book for me. I do not know where it is, but it is the book that shall hold all the rules of the New Middle, therefore it is a book that has once fallen but will rise once more. I believe that your skill and intellect will help you in finding it, and afterwards, I shall give you all the possible locations of the official afterlife stations.

From: Shayne Topp
If you guys know all the possible locations, how come you don't find it yourselves anyway?

From: 12Three45
Silly boy, we were banned. Only humans can get aboard the afterlife train unless you manage to activate Seven. Now, you must be thinking, if we need you badly, why are we bargaining about information? You see, we are breaking rules by even helping you out. Supernatural beings cannot get in contact with humans.

From: Shayne Topp
Fine, I'll go look for your book. What's its title?

From: 12Three45
"The New Middle."

From: Shayne Topp
And you don't know where it is but it's in a place that had fallen before but has probably risen by now?

From: 12Three45
Yes. For now, goodbye, Glitch. I hope you become successful in your mission.

From: Shayne Topp
Thanks, third Judge, I guess?

I screenshot the conversation and open my Messages app. I delete the last text I could have sent to Alex and send the screenshot to her, not caring if she thought it was weird. I wanted to give her a lead, because after all, she didn't want me butting into her task just because she doesn't want to owe me anything. But I owe her so much and I never kept score.

From: Shayne
I don't know if you deleted my number or anything, but I found the third Judge, and he promised to give me the list of all possible locations of the official afterlife station if I could find this book and bring it to the Middle. Of course, I'm not part of the mission anymore, so I'm sending it to you so you could have a lead. Yeah, that's all. Bye. - Shayne