CHAPTER 5- REMINISCING

"Laughter Is Timeless, Imagination Has No Age,And Dreams Are Forever."
-Walt Disney

"-Walt Disney

Chapter 5

Tick tock, tick tock.

Few more minutes, just a few more minutes. I bit onto my bottom lip and clutch my pen in my hand. Few more minutes. I was currently in Maths class with Mrs Withers. Not that she was a bad teacher, I mean she was extraordinary, I really enjoyed her presence, but the subject itself had burned holes into my brain.

Whenever I thought of maths, instant gibberish came to my head, not to mention using calculations I've never seen before that just came to my mind. The surprising part is that I was actually passing this subject, I think?

"Alright class.Before you go home,I must remind you of the coming test next week Wednesday. It will be based on pages 57 to 60. I expect everyone to atleast pass this test." She said the last part sternly and lowered her glasses to eyeball certain students, including me. I gulped, If I wanted to pass this test I'm going to have to seek help, but from whom?

The bell rang, waking me up from my gruesome thoughts, I grabbed my backpack and pink hoodie which I removed during the third period (it was a little distracting I guess).

"Ah Claire, could you wait for a little while I need to see you urgently." Noted Mrs Withers. I groaned and closed my eyes, sighing. So close to freedom. I turn on my heels and plastered the happiest fake smile ever. Im good at it, because I wouldn't dare disrespect any of my teachers.

Once the last student, Lizzy Lopez had left, I trudged towards the desk. Mrs Withers offered me to take a seat as she did. I sat nervously with dread and anticipation as I twiddled with my thumbs. She took out a file from her desk drawer and removed her glasses, placing it neatly on the side. Oh Boy, Its lecture time.

"Claire, I am aware that you are a bright girl. I'm sure you've heard this countless times from other teachers perhaps, maybe your parents." I nodded.

"As you know, I try my best to help every student with Math and throughout my 5 years of teaching math, I have come across students such as you." She noted, taking a deep breath and opening the file. I sucked in a breath, wondering what could she possibly want to show me. Am I failing? Did I cheat? Wait, no.

"Here are a few of your tests and pop quizzes that I've given the class. 0As you can see there are quite a few D's and F's here." I noticed the disappointment and pity in her voice. I knew I was doing bad, but not this bad. My mom's so going to kill me now.

"Claire, I know Math can be an extremely difficult subject, but I assure you with the right focus maybe some help you can conquer this subject and maybe even beat Lizzy if you're up to it." Ha! Everyone knew it was impossible to beat Lizzy Lopez. Although being completely beautiful, Lizzy was super smart too. I guess beauty and brawns can be a package.