{{1}}

(This chapter has been completely revised and rewritten!)

The youngest of the twins quickly prodded into her father's room, her sockless feet lightly tapping against the floor with every step and her hair lightly bouncing onto her shoulders. "Papa you gotta wake up! You're gonna be late!"

With a low giggle, Boruto hastily moved a chair towards the end of the bed. He then carefully placed both of his feet onto the headrest, wobbling and bending awkwardly before he finally stood straight. Carefully he turned his body and quickly jumped- having not he would've fallen off and onto the floor.

The younger of the two swiftly moved back in an attempt not to get trampled. A small smile gracing her face before she let out a giggle. She had watched this event many times before and seemed to find it just as entertaining as the times before.

Though taller blonde seemed to fall in a slower motion than normal. In fact- everything seemed too slow, though the moment she blinked it happened it was back to normal. And Boruto was a normal falling speed- fast. He gave a loud screech before yelling. "Canon ball!"

With a loud thud he landed on Naruto's chest, Y/n wincing at the contact before grabbing her brother's wrist. They did need to get ready, and now that Naruto was up they could go meet Shikadai. 

"I can't believe it took that much to get dad up." With a sigh Y/n tightly held onto her brother's hand as they walked. The streets seemed busier than normal and every building they passed seem to be filled to the brim with customers.

Boruto gave a small laugh before scratching the back of his head with his free hand. "That means he can't be mad at us when we're late to school. Not that he'd mind us being late in the first place."

The two held their conversation, often stopping to wave at a well-known shop owner before a loud cry echoed throughout a nearby alleyway. Boruto quickly let go of his sister's hand and towards the direction. Y/n silently watching, debating if she should run towards the two teens or the kid on the ground.

Though her question was soon answered when Boruto ran off into the distance after the two teens, a trail of shadow clones directly behind him. After a small conversation, she found out his name was Denki and that they were normal bullies. 

Soon they made their exit, after giving Denki a small hug and teaching the bullies a session they were back on their original journey. 

The walk to get food remained uninteresting- no more bullies or bad guys to stop, no more friendly known faces to catch up with. Just silence. Yet Y/n didn't seem to mind, this was the calmest Boruto had been most of the day, she wouldn't say it to his face but she does enjoy his less energetic moments. 

The moment the two met with Shikidai Boruto seemed to burst in excitement, it had been roughly a month since they last interacted. If she was going to be honest, it looked like two puppies seeing each other after years.

Eventually, the trio made their way onto the thunder train, their original hiding spot ended up being raided by a group of teens older than them so they had to take refuge on top of the train, most of the time no one even thought to check up there.

With a long sigh Boruto bit into his burger- immediately wincing afterward and downing his cup of lemonade, said drink spilling down his face and onto his shirt. His face turned slightly red and his eyes seemed to water at the taste before he roughly blinked, causing a small tear to fall down his face, and took another bite.

"Hey? Y/n what do you think?" Shikadai had didn't seem to react as bad but he had a small line of sweat on his forehead, you could only notice it if you tried. With a light hiss he placed his burger down on his lap and began sipping on his iced tea.

Y/n gave a light hum before taking another bite, her head lightly turned to the side as she chewed. The shorter of the three lightly squinted her eyes before speaking. "It just tastes like a normal burger."

Boruto's eyes seemed to go wide as he leaned backward. His tastebuds seemed to forget about the burning sensation and instead, his brain focused on the confusion? Excitement?

"Yeah. I think so?" Y/n waved her burger around before handing him the rest. The blonde haired boy only grabbed the half-eaten burger in response and taking a bite, only to give a light screech and snatch the drink out of the younger's hand and drinking the rest of her fruit punch.

Y/n gave an annoyed groan before lightly shoving her brother and reaching for the unknowingly empty bottle. The two began a small wrestling match on top of the train, the cup was long forgotten and off the side of the vehicle. 

Shikadai gave an amused huff before pulling the girl's shoulder, effectively pulling her off her brother, and giving her his drink, the burger not having that big of an effect on him as it did Boruto and he hadn't had as much to drink before.

Y/n gratefully accepted before punching Boruto again, she would be sure to get payback the moment they got home, speaking of which, the train came to stop and Shikadai quickly jumped off and onto the nearest lamp post.

"Boruto we should get ready for our stop too." Y/n lightly dusted off her pants before standing up, the wrapper to her burger, which Boruto dropped in their little brawl, was now scrunched up in her and along with her fry container, the cup of iced tea in the other.

The two quickly gathered their things before jumping onto the nearest lamp post and making their way home.