Author's Prologue

This is a combination of an author's note and a prologue.

If you don't know already, this story is going to jump around a lot in the Star Wars storyline. This also means that Jalani and Luke will be different ages and at different stages in their friendship throughout the story. I'll try to make it so that the big things (first kisses, weddings, love confessions...etc...) all happen before they occur again.

So, let's say Han and Leia have their first kiss. I'll make sure to tell you that story before they kiss again. See what I mean? I want my readers to be able to see monumental moments happen in the current instead of in a flashback.

I'm also going to come right out and say that I have not explored the Extended Universe a whole lot so, I'm sorry if I mess something up that's from there in advance. I don't know all of the powers that dealing with the Force gives you but I might try something new with Jalani and Luke that I haven't seen as canon. Please correct me if this contradicts anything apart of the original storyline.

For now (and I mean that loosely because I may use these characters later), Rey, Poe, Kylo Ren, Finn and other characters new to the sequel trilogy (TFA, TLJ, and ROS, I think those are the right acronyms) do not exist in this storyline/timeline. I'm not completely closing the door on them yet but I'm trying to focus on characters from the previous two trilogies.

As previously mentioned, there are going to be a decent amount of flashbacks. Some of them will include characters that are not in the current storyline (Anakin, Padmé, Shmi...etc..)and some of them may include OCs. Aaaaannnnnddddd, that's really all I'm going to say about that because if I say too much more, there's going to be spoilers.

So, if we were watching an actual Star Wars film...here's sort of the scrolling text to tell you what's going on. Disclaimer before I get into it: I'm only briefly going to describe the politics of Star Wars because I feel like I'm missing some things from it and I don't want to just leap into it if I don't have all of the pieces put together yet. So, you're scrolling text background info:

The Empire rules the galaxy as news of a Rebellion rising reaches the Emperor's ears. He bans any use of the Force to keep them from getting help from his enemies, who have died according to the events of Order 66, the Jedi, if any of them happen to be still alive. Yearning for absolute power, he wants no one, not even an untrained Force user, to oppose the Empire. Stormtroopers, bounty hunters, and the like are swarming the galaxy looking for any Force users actively using their powers in public.

Jalani Hal'star, the oldest in her family of her and six other sisters, lost her parents at the age of ten. Now responsible for taking care of them, she struggles her hardest until she discovers a disturbing secret. She is Force-sensitive and not only that but, she is strong with the Force. Strong enough to hold potential to become a Jedi. After befriending Luke Skywalker through interesting circumstances, the two of them begin to train together under the guide of Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi who survived Order 66. Kenobi believes that Hal'star and Skywalker are to be the next Jedi and among the most powerful Jedi to venture across the galaxy.

Darth Vader feels an awakening through the force and struggles to find who the opposition to the Empire could be. There are other people in high command who sense this awakening as well but, they have issues of their own to worry about. The only reason Vader is still allowed to display his force abilities and to keep his life is because he works for the Emperor. Vader is also curious about the disappearance of a prominent but hidden figure in the Jedi, who has been missing since Order 66 occurred. Both the Emperor and Vader know that this Jedi is not dead because they can feel her alive through the force from time to time. The issue is that they do not feel her consistently.