Chapter 1: Fold, Fold, Fold

Ever since young, I have always had an obsession with origami.

With just a single piece of paper, you could fold into any shape you desire. A crane, a bird, a heart, a lion, anything under the sun would also be possible.

That is why I figured that we all are like a piece of paper, we can fold ourselves into whatever shape we desire, to become what we desire to become.

But sometimes, we let others fold us.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked her.

I could see her smile spread across her face, grinning ear to ear. With that peaceful blue eyes, smooth complexion, and her long flowing jet black hair, it is easy to believe that such an ordinary smile could become an expression so extraordinary.

"Of course!" She exclaims. I smiled so wide that it matches hers. I couldn't believe my ears! The person that I have been putting so much effort into chasing actually accepted me!

I ran to her and hugged her tightly. I then stammered a little, "Now, um, do you want to go out on a date?" She then looked at me straight in the eyes and said, "Dummy. Of course, I will!" I then said, "Well, great! Let's meet each other at our favorite restaurant, Vista Co.!" So, we went on our own ways, looking back at each other occasionally.

After what seemed like a million years, we finally saw one another outside the restaurant. I awkwardly extended my hand to hold hers, and she then clutched my hand as if it was the winning prize.

We headed inside the restaurant, and the server directed us to our seats. "So darling, what do you want?" I asked her.

"Well, anything you choose." She replied with that cheery tone of hers.

"Okay then." After flipping and scanning through the menu for a while, I beckoned the server to come over to take our orders. I told the server our orders, and he left the table with a polite bow to process our orders.

"Hey, do you fold origami?" I asked her.

"Well of course! I fold paper cranes, planes, ducks, any many more in fact. How about you?"

My eyes lit up, "Well, I have been in love with origami ever since when I was a child. I was quite the perfectionist at that time, folding as many origamis as much as the sky itself. Haha, that was exaggerating too much."

She laughed awkwardly, "Well, that seems to be the truth. I can see that in you."

So, the date ended off in an awkward way, but still, it was still considered a date, and my love for origami skyrocketed because of her.