Twenty One

Third Person POV

Luke was not sure how he was supposed to feel when he had gotten pretty good at his abilities, though he wasn't going to say he's mastered them, but over the last month or so, he's gotten pretty good. He knew he had gotten pretty good because Ashton didn't have to guide him anymore, he could do things on his own now. Although, he hasn't gotten his wings or halo yet, he wasn't sure if he ever will, how to get them, or even if was able to. Luke didn't know a lot, but you know what they say, go with the flow.

Over the past three months he's actually become happier, despite the bumps with his dad, he had Mike, Ash, and his mom who he's internally grateful for. Michael who doesn't really know what's going on, but he does intend to tell him. Same with his mom, he's just afraid what she'll say or how she'll react when he tells her Ashton is a demon, maybe he'll just hold that off for a while. As for his dad, he hasn't seen him in a month, he wasn't sure if he wanted to either, so he wasn't complaining all too much.

Luke knew what his mom did was for him, but he wasn't sure if it's what she wanted for herself. She seems...sad, ever since his dad got kicked out. Luke feels really bad, like it's his fault, she always tells him otherwise, so he wouldn't worry, it's probably all in his head anyways, she just seems off.

"Mom, have you talked to dad?" She shakes her head, which is the answer Luke normally got recently. "Why do you keep asking?" He fiddled with his fingers while thinking of what to say. "I don't know, you just seem sad; off. Ever since he left. And I feel bad mom, I don't like you being sad."

She gives him a warm and reassuring smile. "Luke, I promise you I'm okay. Yes you're right I've been off a little bit, but I'm just getting used to things and having your dad not around anymore."

"Hi guys." Ashton greets as he walks through the door. Yes, he uses the door now, he knows where they kept the spare key, Liz specifically insisted, saying that he's practically family which Luke's been super happy about. Now he doesn't have to keep sneaking through his window. "You ready?" He asks Luke. "Yep."

"I'll be back. Don't worry 'bout me." Luke tells his mom while kissing her on the cheek. "Be safe guys!"

"Where are we going?" Luke asks. "My house. You'll see." He nodded, trusting him. He was kinda nervous though, to see what he had planned since the sun is setting and there's only so much they could do in the dark, with the curfew and all. "Come on." He takes his hand and when Luke thought he was taking him to his room, they went into his attic.

But then the attic led to Ashton's roof and he had this blanket set out. The one thing that absolutely caught Luke's eye instantly was the sunset they were going to watch. He assumed since Ashton set out a blanket. "I love it." Luke said with a smile. "Good. I thought you would. We're gonna stay here until the sun disappears then we'll go inside."

Luke sits on the blanket while Ashton sat closely next to him with his arm around Luke. They didn't even say anything to each other, they didn't have to, just being in their company spoke thousands of words for them. Luke rested his head against Ashton's shoulder and he felt Ashton head on his. He nuzzled it against Luke's while kissing the top of Luke's head.

But when the day faded into night, the sky became darker and darker, the stars became brighter as time ticked, they decided to go inside. "That was really pretty Ash, I'm really glad you thought of that." Luke told him as he sat on his bed and Ashton sat across from him. They didn't say anything for a moment, but instead Ashton just stared at Luke with a small smile. Not in a creepy way, but more of an admiring type of way. "You okay Ash?"

"Um, yeah it's just that—" He starts which immediately worries Luke. "Luke, I love you." Ashton admits. Luke's mouth hung open while a huge smile formed on his face, but before he could say anything, a sharp pain shoots through his whole body. He toppled over on the floor screaming so loudly in agonizing pain as Ashton never left his side and he called for help, he yelled for his dad who soon rushes up to them. "What's happening?" He asks. "What's happening?!" Ashton ask again this time, yelling. "You love him don't you?" Ashton nods. "This is what I was talking about when I said something bad would happen. When a demon falls in love with an angel, the demon turns into an angel, but...with one less demon in the world. Someone has to take its place."

"So you're telling me, he's turning into a demon?!" Ashton yelled. "No, Luke, baby, you're gonna be okay. I promise."

Luke couldn't focus on anything besides the pain he was feeling. Every inch of his body, every bone, muscle, and joint felt like pins and needles. Felt like someone was stabbing him over and over. Felt like someone was burning him, skinning him alive. He tried gripping his hair to help with the pain, but it didn't work. Luke was still screaming loudly in pain while he heard Ashton's faint cries of reassurance. But then suddenly, it all washed away and when he opened his eyes everything was so dim and dull. All the colors he once saw, were now shades and black, gray, or white. This was how Ashton saw the world, he felt bad for him. It was horrible, not an ounce of color anywhere, if you don't count black, gray, or white, which Luke didn't in this case.

Luke stood up as if nothing ever hurt him. As if nothing ever happened. Looking at Ashton and his dad, he looked in his mirror and his eyes, they were black. Pitch black. Luke absolutely despised them.

"Ash, what's happening?" He asked. "We have to keep him here Ashton. He's a new demon, he's dangerous." Ashton's dad spoke.

Suddenly, Luke felt himself turning his head towards Ashton's dad, it's like he couldn't control his movements, like someone else was taking over his body. Luke felt himself smirk and he ran out of there. He looked at the door and it slammed shut, without having to touch it. He was shocked that he did that, or at least he thought he did. He ran out of there, he wasn't sure where he was going, he let his legs do all the work and just followed along. But it wasn't like he had a choice.