~Part 3~ (Dark🌹)

He wasn't sure how long he stood there. His body wasn't like anyone else's. His body wasn't like Shawn's or the strange angsty fellow with the urge to flee. It didn't feel time moving like others would. But yet he stood there, feeling as if he'd been there for hours, looking at the door that had slammed shut to open again so he could apologize for hurting the Irishmen. He somehow felt regret for his actions. When Shawn had left he felt like a part of him left too.

He didn't like this. Not one bit.

Finally realizing that Shawn wasn't coming back anytime soon he walked back to where the frame that held the painting leaned against a wall. Looking at it his mind drifted. The one that received the painting before had gone mad. Unable to handle the hold his spell of control had on his soul.

'Poor human,' He thought.

The short time he had with him was nice. But when the human decided his fate Dark hadn't felt anything. Sure he didn't want their time to end how it did but he learned long ago that fate was fate. Soon after the loss of that man he was banished once again into the painting to wait for another worthy enough.

"Damn Seer. She knew that this journey was going to be tedious." He complained out loud to the empty room. "She probably knew NO ONE could handle me!" He took hold of the frame wanting nothing more to break it and rip the canvas apart. He raised it up high but after a moment placed it back down gently. Destroying it wouldn't solve anything. If things ended like before and he actually destroyed the painting his being would have nowhere to reside. His existence would be no more.
He backed away slowly, looking at the place he somewhat called home. Taking a deep breath and releasing it too quickly he decided that he couldn't take another moment standing in front of it.

Quickly turning on his heels he headed for the door. As he was about to reach for the doorknob he stopped mere inches from touching it. His heart sent the emotion he felt when Shawn stormed out of the room. Flooding him all over again.

"Enough," he growled to himself and placed his hand on the doorknob, opening the door, and stepped into the hallway.

He wasn't sure what time it was but it must have been after hours for the studio because it was eerily quiet. Taking the opportunity he began to walk the halls. A few lights were left on and he could hear the faint hum of a generator. There wasn't much to explore on the level he was on. He saw offices with their doors open and a few desks placed in nooks throughout the hall. Random posters with encouraging yet somehow threatening words littered the walls. Poster after poster of Bendy and his friends Boris the Wolf and Alice Angel encouraging whoever was reading to "Keep Working!" Dark ignored the chilling sensation the images gave him and continued down the hall making his way to wherever the end maybe.

Reaching what he assumed was the end he saw the entrance to Shawn's side of the floor. A very large sign declaring this to be the entrance to Heavenly Toys in the middle of two staircases. Heavenly wasn't the word he'd used to describe the toys the studio made but he shrugged it off and continued to explore.

He found several ways to go. Soon he found himself in a very odd space. He looked around the room taking in what occupied the room. He saw the machine that he overheard the man called Wally was talking about. Pedestals were placed all around and on each one there seemed to be some sort of totem. The room gave off an eerie vibration making him feel uncomfortable. Walking to each one he reached what he assumed was Shawn's. A little toy figure of the grinning demon. He placed his hand over it, feeling Shawn's creative energy, assuring him that this was from the artist.

Enjoying the energy he allowed his mind to wander. Closing his eyes he could see Shawn painting the toy. Making sure every detail was perfect. Looking it over more than once. Taking pride in what he accomplished. Then confidently bringing it up here and placing it on the pedestal.

It was a loud clang and the sound of distant orchestra music being played that brought Dark out of his relaxed moment. Groaning out loud for being interrupted he reluctantly stepped away and headed towards where the sound came from.

The sound led him to what looked like to be a very unreliable lift. Stepping into it took a bit of convincing but his curiosity won. Looking over the buttons he saw that the music department was on level three. Pushing the button for level three the lift jolted and then smoothly carried Dark to the corresponding floor.

When the lift arrived the music got louder. Unlatching the gate he stepped out and cautiously looked to both sides. Taking tentative steps he followed the music. He was soon greeted by a sign that read 'Music Department' surrounded by music notes and records. More confident in where he was going he kept forward. Taking in the surroundings. The floors didn't look very different from each other. Though there seemed to be more paper scattered around then on the others. He picked one up and saw that it was sheets of music. He tried to read the music but it didn't seem to be making sense. The notes on the sheet didn't flow together. Giving up on trying to make sense of it he put it down on a desk and continued his exploration.

The music was getting louder.

Turning a corner he could see that from one of the offices a light was on. Stepping closer he finally saw the giant sign declaring that it was the office of Sammy Lawrence, Music Department Director.
Dark felt another rush of emotion. One that he knew and hated. Jealousy.

In the office was the man that Wally said was looking for Shawn. He wasn't stupid. He saw how Shawn had reacted. He was curious as to what was so special about this mere human that Shawn's cheeks flushed a bright red at the thought of this Sammy looking for him. A reaction he wished he had on Shawn.

The music stopped.

Doing his best to step lightly Dark inches closer to the slightly open door. Without the music playing he needed to take caution. He didn't want to bring attention to himself just yet. Getting close enough to the door that he could hear as well as peek inside wasn't too much of a challenge. It seemed that Mr. Lawrence's attention was occupied.
Dark could see the man pacing back and forth in his office. He seemed to be mumbling to himself but Dark couldn't make out if what he was saying were actual words. Leaning in towards the door a bit more Dark could see that Sammy was holding an inkwell in his hand.
Sammy raised the inkwell in a toast-like fashion and shouted out, "He will set us free!"
And in one swift motion, with his head tilted back he put the inkwell to his lips and gulped down the ink.

Dark was taken aback by the sight of a human drinking ink.
'Was alcohol not enough that he has now resorted to drinking ink of all things?' His mind questioned.

Finally seeing enough he stepped away from the door not noticing that there was a music stand opposite where he stood and knocked it over.

"Damn," he quietly cursed.

Looking back towards the door he could see Sammy's shadow dance on the floor. He was coming to see what had made the noise. Surveying his surroundings Dark didn't have much to work with. Taking the chance he sprinted towards the nearest corner and held his breath. Hoping that Sammy didn't see him.

"Who's out there?" Sammy called out. "Come out now!"

Dark rolled his eyes. Wanting to do as he said but thought better not to.
Moments passed until Dark heard Sammy close his door and the sound of keys rattling. Sneaking a quick look Dark saw Sammy lock his door, jiggle the knob for reassurance, and walk down the hall in the opposite direction.
He listened to his footsteps on the wood floor fade. Once he was sure that he was alone he began his journey back to Shawn's office.
As he walked back he couldn't get the phrase that Sammy shouted out of his head. 'He will set us free'. Who was this 'he' that Sammy was referring to? Was it the ink that he'd been drinking talking? Dark chuckled to himself at the particular thought.
Finding himself back at the Heavenly Toys entrance he couldn't help but wonder what other strange things reside within the walls of Joey Drew Studios.