Neeril oru thevathai..

Mullai and Anandhi have eaten their lunch in Kasthuri Atthachi's house and are in the bedroom..
Anandhi is putting nail polish on her toes and Mullai is lying on her stomach on the bed, nervously biting her nails.

M: Rombha baiyama irruku di..yaarachom pathuta, avalovu than..enga amma ennai kooru potturuvanga..

She's is in a dilemma, she wants Jeeva but she's is agitated and scared to do what's she's about to do. After all she has never been kissed before. Maybe she'll just tell him that she wants to marry him and then tell a lie to Anandhi that she kissed him.

A: Ethanavu thadava di sonnethe solluva? Vidu plan eh cancel pannidalam..

Mullai is about to say something when she sees Anandhi shaking her head furiously, she changes the topic instantly. Atthachi enters the room with Aakash and he jumps into Mullai's arms. She cuddles him and begins playing with him..

Ath: Enna Anandhi enga oora pudichirruka?

A: Romba azhaga irruku ka.

Ath: Oru ettu maniku, aala marathuku pakkathula, medai la adal, padal apporom nadagam la irruku..miss pannama paru...super ah irrukum.

Anandhi nods her head and a look of understanding passes between them. This is the perfect opportunity for Mullai to slip away unnoticed.

Unbeknownst to Mullai, Jeeva is in love with Meena...he is giddy with excitement at the prospect of meeting with his new love that night.

Kathir, meanwhile is annoyed with himself for letting Mullai get under his skin. This is certainly not a new issue, but it is beginning to irritate him that she always spoils his day. He thanks God that in a few days she will be gone and then he can continue living his life peacefully.

After leaving behind a sleeping Anandhi and Aakash behind, a bored Mullai decides to have a dip in the pump set nearby.

She is confused and a little bit hurt by the fact that Jeeva is ignoring her and decides that if things were to change she has to act and do something. She gets into the tank, and sits in the water, her hands lazily swirling it, a rustling sound makes her turn around sharply.

She sees Kathir walking towards the tank, he stops as soon as he sees her.

K mindvoice: Inniku yaar moonjila mulochomo, ivala ithana thadava pakurom, cha...nereme seiri illa.

M: Aiyo oru azhagana ponnae nimathi ya neentha kuda vida matingalea!

He turns this way and that, as if looking for something..

M: Ennatha thedura?

K: Illa inga azhagana ponnu nu sonniye, avangala than theduren.

M: Rombha vai neezhuthu Kathiru.. ippo ethukku nee inga vanthae?

K: eh biriyani sapde..kuzhikka than vanthen..vitula ellarukum ore bathroom thane athan inga vanthen..

M: Iru naa kelamburen..

Kathir turns the other side to give her some privacy.

M: Chumma enna eppo pathalum follow pannure tha niruthu.

K: (turning around angrily) Aama iva apadiyea oru thevathai, nanga ellam...

And the words just die in his lips as he watches her rise out of the water.

She is in her same red half saree that she wore that morning but it looks so different when wet, a shiver of awareness passes through him and he can't take his eyes off her. He swallows hard, everything seems to be happening in slow motion. She steps out of the tank delicately and begins walking towards him.

This feeling is so new that he is startled by it, he is looking at her with new eyes. Her chest, her waist, her long legs, her wet hair that is clinging to her back. For the first time he sees Mullai as a woman and is agitated by his reaction to her. She is saying something but he can't hear at all..all his senses are captured by her.

Just as she nears him, she slips on the wet mud a little and he catches her by the arm. She is so near that he can see water droplets sliding from her neck and into her blouse and her fragrance..it reminds him of something familiar but exotic at the same time.

She is saying something angrily and for the first time in his life he is struck dumb and that too with Mullai. She bends and picks up her muddy towel which has fallen when she slipped and he stifles a gasp. She gives him a weird and irritated look and starts walking.

K: (after clearing his dry throat multiple times) Ndha Mullai en thoondea eduthutu po...

M: onnum vena...mechanic shedula irrukara kari thooni maari irruku.

He knows she is exaggerating and he shakes his head and is himself stunned by his reaction to her. He strokes his beard as he watches her walk off stubbornly to her Atthachi'a house. He is immediately possessive that no one should see her like this but knows that the othai adi pathai that she has taken leads to Jaga Maama's house in five minutes so he lets her go.

(This was partly inspired by the real life love story of Prince William and his wife. They were just good friends in college but when he saw Kate at a fashion show in a satin négligé (nightgown), he realized that he might have some feelings for her and he asked her out on a date...I just took this and added my version)

PC: Google Images