ONE.

Elena Gilbert had put the keys into the ignition—gently pressing her foot on the peddle. Elena drove off down the road away from her familiar town of Mystic Falls. Turning up the stereo—she zoomed off passing the sign; Welcome to Mystic Falls. She could feel the warmth or the warm summer air on her skin as her hair flew in the wind. She smiled with delight, enjoying the moment of pure and utter freedom.

Hours later, Elena had reached her destination. Parking her car. She stepped out into the streets of the unfamiliar city of New Orleans. Placing her sunglasses over her head—she strolled through the loud streets. Music could be heard as she strolled past the locals and tourists. Her smiled beamed bright as she stood by watching a woman play her violin with such delicacy. Elena placed a hundred dollar bill into the woman's violin case and descended further into the streets—turning down bourbon street and entering a local bar by the name of Rousseau's. She took her seat and immediately ordered herself a drink.

"Tequila please." She replied, handing the blond a bill. The Gilbert girl begun to take in the scenery of her surroundings. Such an old bar she thought. Gently tapping on her glass—a familiar stranger had joined her. Her ears begun to ring once she heard the familiar voice. "Your finest scotch please. Camille." He spoke in a thick English accent—which sent shivers down her spine. Elena turned to Klaus whom were grinning wide. "Hello, love." He replied with a crooked—cheeky grin sending utter shivers down her entire body. Oh crap. She thought. Just the person she'd least expect to see.

a/n:
hey guys, I know this part is short but it is my first book as well as my first klena book so please give it some love and please comment plus vote. I hope you enjoy.