TWO.

"Klaus." Elena said in a half whisper. "What're you doing here?" She questioned, her voice became a bit shaky. "New Orleans is my city, I could ask you the same question, eh?" He replied as he tilted his head—curious as to why the Gilbert girl had come to New Orleans.

"I left Mystic Falls behind, why do you ask?" She spat as she downed her second shot of tequila. "I'm in the mood for something stronger." She replied to the blond bartender—giving Klaus a smug grin.

He looked to Elena with curiosity. "I can suggest whiskey if you can tolerate the burning sensation." He replies to her. Elena rolled her eyes slightly. "I'm not a wuss!" She replied, slamming a bill on the counter. "Whiskey it is!" She spoke up—getting Camille's attention. Klaus chuckled a bit as he watched the Gilbert girl down her shot—her face were priceless.

She gagged the slightest. "I can feel it burn." She spoke as she choked on her words slightly. Elena had noticed Klaus were laughing at her—she shot him a small glare causing him to stop the laughter at once.

"I should get going now." Elena had spoken up, rising from her seat. "Elena, wait. Let me take you on a tour of the city." Klaus replied and Elena turned to face him. "No thank you, I'll pass." She spoke in a low voice.

Klaus had frowned at her refusal to his offer. "Maybe another day. I'll keep in touch." She finally answered—seeing the smirk in Klaus' face before walking out of the bar and back into the crowded streets.

"Thank you so much for lending me the keys." Elena replied to man whom had given her the keys to her new apartment. He nodded with a smile and walked down the hall. Stepping inside—Elena were standing in her kitchen. She closed the door behind her and placing the set of keys on her counter. She immediately began to get to work with the unpacking she were about to do.

Elena had spent a good two hours—unpacking each box. She huffed slightly feeling accomplished from her work—trying to make the place as lively as much as she could. She looked around her apartment, taking a step back—admiring the work she'd done. The apartment had felt like home now. She smiled wide. Home. Her ears rung at the thought.

Elena sat on her couch—searching through the channels on her tv to kill some time before deciding to head to bed. She had heard a faint knock on her door—causing her heart to thud. Who the hell could be at her door at 3:00 am. She wondered. She sluggishly picked herself up from her couch and over to the front door.

Elena's eyes widened at whom had payed her a visit. Klaus had stood outside her door—smirking slightly. "Klaus? How did you know where I lived?" She questioned. He half smirked, "I came by to give you a house warming gift." He spoke in a cheerful voice—holding out a bottle of champagne. "It's late. Klaus, and I'm tired." She whispered in a small voice. "Thank you for the gift though." She replied as she took the bottle, placing it on her counter. "Goodnight, Elena." Klaus spike before leaving off into the night.

Closing the door behind her—Elena walked over to her counter, glaring at the bottle—were a small slip of paper tied to the bottle with a piece of pink thread. She had pulled it from the bottle and proceeded to read it.

'A small token of my gratitude. Perhaps we could share it someday whenever your feeling ready to do so, until then. Enjoy New Orleans and it's beauty.' —fondly, Klaus.

Her lips pursed into a smile. It were kind of him to give her a house-warming gift. But Elena had found it odd that he had known where she now lived—but it were after all New Orleans and it were his city as he had said. Elena yawned a bit, feeling exhausted and ready for a good nights rest.

hey guys, i hope you like this chapter. please comment/vote.💕