Chapter 33- I Will Always Love You

Three Months Later...

——

         Today was the day of your Graduation from being a senior at your school. You and Touka spent the day scrolling through dresses and/or tux's to wear, taking photos and getting ready for your big day. It had been a couple months since you came back to school, thankfully the teachers letting you graduate due to your grades being decent enough to pass.

        Anteiku was finally rebuilt in a new location when you moved in with Touka and Kaneki, what was even better, you started working there. Walking into work with the smell of fresh coffee was always a reminder of Tsukiyama to you, starting everyday off with a special thrill. The first few weeks after the war all the employees at Anteiku would sit down with you for dinner, even Uta, to cheer you up. Soon, they started to become your everyday family.

"What about this one?" Touka giggled as she tossed a dress to you. It was long and white, the lace sleeves only reaching up half way and exposing your shoulders. It was wavy and the sleeves were slim fit, perfectly circling around your wrists when you tried it on. You looked in the mirror, nodding your head at Touka when she peeked in through the door and smiled, closing it again and letting you get changed into your regular black hoodie and ripped blue jeans.

You slapped the last bit of your pay check from the week prior onto the counter and took the dress back to Anteiku. There, Nishio and Kaneki were bickering in there nice, button up shirts.

You shook your head, ignoring them with a smile as you rushed upstairs to throw on your dress. You hair was done up the way you wanted it, using a bit of hairspray to keep it in place. When you came back down, the boys gawked are you, even Touka looking amazed. "I can't believe your graduating!" She smiled, grabbing you in a tight hug.

"I can't believe you decided to wear white," Nishio shrugged, "have fun staining your dress with fruit punch."

"Thanks," you rolled your eyes.

Watari came down the stairs behind you, pulling out a camera and asking for everyone to get in for a quick photo. You smiled as Nishio and Touka groaned, the light blinking from the camera blinding you. None the less you checked and it turned out great.

"Now have fun (y/n)," Watari smiled, "but be back before twelve."

"I will!" You smiled at him, Touka grabbing your hand and rushing you out of the cafe.

Both of you giggled as you rushed to the car, slamming the door shut and driving towards your school. Touka looked over at you as you pulled a slip of paper from your pocket, making sure you have it before you put it back.

"What's that?" Touka asked you as you looked up at her and shook your head.

"It's just something special for tonight..." you explained to her.

Almost as if she knew what you were thinking, she didn't ask anything of it. It wasn't long before you arrived at the school, the students piling up at the front door in their fancy clothing. You took a deep breath in before sighing, looking over at Touka one last time before you had to go in.

"Are you sure you can't go with me?" You joked.

"Not my grad," she shrugged. "C'mon, just go have some fun. And if anyone or anything makes you uncomfortable, call me and I'll come right back and pick you up."

"Thanks Touka." Smiling, you opened the car door but before you could shut it she added one last thing.

"Go kick some ass!" She yelled as you laughed, finally shutting the door and watching the car as it sped away. You soaked up your anxiousness and walked in there full force, not giving a shit about anyone in there.