𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳, Family Ties

"I don't trust the thoughts that come inside my head"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Ciana walks down the stairs to join Elena with the heritage display, only to hear Jenna speaking to the TV. She walked into the living room to see Jenna on the couch whilst Elena was at the dining room table sorting out the box.

"Scum ball. Scum bucket," Jenna ranted on, throwing different insults at the TV.

"You do realize that talking to yourself is a sign of insanity?" Ciana questioned her Aunt.

"Yeah, who are you talking to?" Elena interrupted before Aunt Jenna could give a response to Ciana's comment.

"Him," Jenna pointed towards the TV, "The news guy, also known as Logan "Scum" Fell," She spoke bitterly, "Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

"Oh, no way," Elena gasped, "You and him?" She questioned rhetorically before stating, "He's cute."

"Nuh-uh," Ciana piped in, "I don't see it."

"Ciana is right. He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him," Jenna exclaimed before noticing what Ciana and Elena were doing, "What are you doing with that?" 

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood, she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display," Elena revealed before questioning, "Is that grandma beth's wedding ring?"

"Originally it was great-Great-Grandma mary's wedding ring," Ciana said, smiling when she saw Jeremy walk in.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth?" He joked, "You know, like on eBay?"

"You're not gonna find out," Elena stressed, not catching onto the fact that it was a joke.

"That stuff is mom and dad's," Jeremy stated, obviously hating the idea, "You can't just give it away."

"She's not giving it away," Ciana said, at the same time Elena said, "It's called a loan, Jeremy." 

Elena left to answer the door after the doorbell echoed throughout the house, leaving Ciana with Jeremy.

"Are you going to the founder's party?" Ciana questioned her brother, whilst bringing him into a hug.

"I don't know yet," He answered, his head resting on top of her head, "Maybe. Are you?"

"Depends if Nathan will go with me," Ciana revealed, "I don't exactly want to be a third wheel with Elena and Stefan."

"I'm sure he will," Jeremy responded, pulling out of the hug to give her a cheeky smile, "I'm pretty sure the guy likes you."

"We're not like that!" Ciana blushed.

•••

"I didn't know you were here," Zach speaks up once he sees Nathan and Damon in Stefan's room.

"Just going through Stefan's homework," Nathan comments as if it's a natural occurrence.

"Boy, this country sure has dumbed down in the last hundred years," Damon wondered, "Why he wants to go to high school is beyond me. I mean, in the seventies, he went Ivy League. Harvard, I understood," he rambled, "Actually, no. I didn't get that either."

"Go ahead, purge. Get it out," Nathan spoke up, ending Damon's pointless rant, "What's on your mind?"

"Why are you two here, Damon? Nathan?"