The Proposal

I woke up to the sound of Percy's snoring next to me. I rolled over. It was only 3:00 in the morning. I groaned as Estelle's hic-hic cry came from the nursery next to us. It seemed like Sally's apartment was getting smaller every day. Things for the baby, Percy and me staying over for a month, and the fact of how there were renovations and redecorations happening in every room. It made me sad to think of how long it took for Percy to get a normal family. He was 18 years old and Estelle was only 3 months old. They were 18 years apart. It was hard for him to visit her and spend time with her, but he was a demigod and normal demigod stuff involved fighting monsters and going on quests and making sure that his family could stay safe. Percy rolled over towards me.

His eyes blinked open groggily, "Whyyyyyy," he groaned. "I don't want to get uuuup."

I smiled. "Get up, Seaweed Brain."

I kissed him on the cheek and pushed him towards the door. Sally and Paul's bedroom light turned on followed by many scuffling sounds. Percy was already in the nursery and I could hear him cooing to the baby. The light turned back off and I smiled to myself. Percy was being such a good big brother. He was getting better at helping his mom and stepdad take care of the apartment. This was just one of the ways he could help and bond with Estelle. Estelle's cries quieted down and I heard the crib creak shut. I could hear the water sloshing around as Percy used his powers to make the water move around in calming patterns. I pulled out my Daedalus laptop and logged in. It opened up to the 3D design that I had made to replicate the Athena Parthenos. I was trying to make more models and prototypes to see if I could put some sort of magic metal or something magic that could preserve and support the Athena Parthenos. Then again, it was going to be displayed on Olympus. I saw that I had some new messages on the Heroes of Olympus group chat that Leo had opened up. Everyone was connected on it and always sent new things about monster sightings (and fights), crazy wild dreams, talks with their godly parents, and just random normal teenage demigod stuff. The nursery light turned off and the blue lights of the water swirled in the hall as Percy walked back to our room.

"Hey. Why are you up so early?" he asked me plopping down onto the bed next to me.

I sighed. "You know the answer to that, Percy. If I don't stay awake, my mind will explode."

"And with the fact of how you need to protect the Athena Parthenos somehow is a really complicated idea. Have you seen the new messages?"

"No. I was just about to, though. Scoot closer so you can see them too."

He put his head in my lap and started fidgeting with his Camp Half-Blood beaded necklace. I looked down at his handsome tanned face. I could still remember that day when he showed up at camp with Grover. Part of me wanted to beat him into pulp. But, the other one couldn't see past the fact of how gorgeous he was and how brave he was trying to seem and how scared his eyes were. And then that girl Rachel came along. I'm not even gonna say what I thought of her. We've settled things though, now she is one of my closest friends.

He huffed. "Well? What are you doing? Are you gonna read them or not?"

I nudged his head with my elbow and looked back at the screen. It looked like all of them were on except for Calypso and Jason. They always liked to sleep. Our conversation started up like this:

Leo: Hey guys!!!

Piper: I think even Octaviancame back from the dead with how loud that was! :(:(

Hazel: Are you doing okay? Has your mom set you up with any therapists for your PTSD?
Piper: Are you kidding? I've already gone through seven of them.

Hazel: Anx? How xix it go?

Leo: I think you got some typos there, Grandma.

Hazel: I told you not to call me that! I am not your bisabuela!