ii // birth of a sin

Cordelia had taught you everything you knew, she helped you grow as a person since she found you in the forest, It'd been 12 years, you were now 16 and tending to the garden you and Cordelia own at the back of your cottage occasionally popping out of the back door to grab some fruits and veg, possibly to make lunch?

You took your top off, leaving you only in your bra and shorts, The sun was blazing hot, directly above the garden which you were currently in, though you had hardly done anything, the suns heat was getting to you, the sweat dripped off of you as you fed the chickens their seeds and gave them some more water.

" My little (Y/N)? " The witch shouted, standing outside of the back door " Would you come here, dearest? " she waved you over, you picked up your missing articles of clothing while you hopped over to the woman.

" Hello, mother! such a wonderous day it is today! Is it not? the sun is blazing, the crops are growing tremendously! the chickens seem happy, everything is going wonderfully! " you grinned, taking Cordelia's hand into yours, she smiled at you.

" Yes, you're quite right (Y/N), what splendid eyesight you have, kitty! " she grasped your hands tighter, leading you into the cool house " I have something for you to do for me my lovely! "

" Oh, Mumma! whatever it is I'll be sure to complete it for you, it is the least I can do " you smiled at her once again, your eyes lighting up at the sign of her satisfaction.

Cordelia let go of your hands and moved her hand to dig around in her pocket, she pulled out an outfit, handing it over to you including a pair of shoes. " Now dearest, would you be a good girl and go and change into this? she pushed you off into the direction of your room " hurry along now, I'd like to get this finished as soon as possible kitty "

You rushed into your room, undressing and putting the outfit on, she had given you a cream dress with brown silk around the waist, knitting itself into the chest area where it'd cross round forming itself into a bow where it finished, just below the cleavage. Cordelia had also gifted you with a pink cardigan which you slipped on, the fluffy material tickling your neck as you placed it around your shoulders, giggling a bit, you slipped on the brown loafers that had also come with the other items and left the room, calling for Cordelia

" Mother! Mother! these clothes are just gorgeous! thank you so much! " you glomped her with a hug, your hands around her waist, pulling her towards you in a friendly gesture " Oh my little (Y/N), you look very beautiful, I'm sure anyone who will lay their eyes on you would want to whisk you away and marry you! " She excitedly exclaimed, clapping her hands.

" Why thank you, I feel like a pretty princess! " You twirled around, the dress lifting up slightly. Cordelia's face had turned slightly serious

" Now dearest (Y/N) I need you to go into the forest and find another cottage, the woman living there is an evil witch and has been trying to kill me for decades, find the pendant and crush it the moment you find it, it'll banish the evil that lays within her heart! It's an extremely hard task but I've trained you haven't I? you've unlocked your magical abilities yes? " you nodded " Now, I will give you this bow, you may keep it wherever you like to place it. as soon as you unravel it It'll turn into any weapon that you may need, whenever you're done just flick it and it'll turn back into a bow where you can tie wherever you have placed it, alright dear? " she explained, seriously.

" Yes, Mumma! will there be any danger? will I die? oh dear, I do not want to die! " you worried, you didn't want to die! What'll happen to Cordelia? will she die as well? you couldn't let that happen! you loved her so very much, your smile had turned into a frown, your eyes slightly moist as tears threatened to pour out onto the wooden floor the both of you stood on.

" No dear, not as long as you destroy the pendant, but when you do you cannot return here, as I will not be here, you must adventure on your own, Kitty " she softly smiled, placing a hand on your head and stroking you lovingly, her fingers messing your hair up just a bit she stopped holding her hand out with the bow placed on top of her palm reaching your own out to grasp the silky material, placing it on the top of your head tightly so it wouldn't fall off.

" Now, I have prepared some snacks for you along the way so you don't get hungry! I also have some undergarments for you and a spare set of clothing in case your current dress gets dirty " she picked up a woven basket from the kitchen countertop, handing it to you.

" This is goodbye my dearest kitty " she sadly exclaimed, wrapping her arms around you and patting your head once again " I hope we meet again someday "

" Goodbye, Mumma! I love you so very much! " you said, breaking the hug and opening the door " I will see you again someday, And I'll give you the biggest hug ever!! that's a promise " you held your pinkie out towards Cordelia, she connected it with yours laughing " I love you so little Kitty, now off you go! " and with that, the link between your pinkies was severed as you ran off into the forest.

She almost felt bad for tricking you, living with you for 12 years, treating you like the daughter she never had, but she had to do what she had to do.

----------

You had tricked the 'evil' woman by pretending to be lost, she was so very kind, offering you a place to stay until you were ready to leave, she had cooked you spaghetti that night. You could remember the poor woman's pained screeches as you shattered the pendant on top of the oak table. Your mother had gotten you to destroy her heart, the woman had done nothing, only that she herself was also a witch.

she lied to you, you had killed an innocent person without a second thought.

The woman muttered something, glaring at you while you were constantly apologizing for what sin you had just committed.

" trickery, trickery! you tricked me! you vile girl, how dare you! " she shouted her facial expression showing nothing but anger as she writhed around on the wooden floor that you were currently kneeling on " Darn you, I'll condemn you, you god darn brat! I hope you burn in hell! " she had mustered up the strength to crawl towards you, placing her hand on the top of your breast

" I didn't know miss, my mother told me that you we- " you stopped, it hurt so much. The place the woman had touched had started to burn, the pain was excruciating, unbearable. You screamed

" WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? IT HURTS SO MUCH, OH, OH GOD PLEASE, PLEASE STOP IT, IT HURTS SO MUCH " You pleaded, your eyes overflowing with tears, dripping onto the oak below you.

" THIS IS WHAT YOU GET, YOU SINNER!  " she shouted, again, though this time she fell onto the floor, lifeless.

The pain soon subsided, you placed your hand on top of the place where she had burnt, feeling a decent sized scar you looked down, seeing a Cheshire cat embedded into your skin, staring up at you, grinning.

" wha- what on earth? " you slurred, you were extremely fatigued after everything that had happened, and you tipped over passed out.

----------

Hi guys!! second chapter !! This is really just the backstory of (Y/N) n everything that has happened!! in the next chapter, you'll meet Meliodas n Elizabeth!! maybe even Diane!! o.o I hope you're all safe and keeping yourself clean! have a lovely rest of the day/evening!

((unedited))