Chapter 10

First time

I lay on my bed and stare up at the ceiling, what a boring weekend. No where to go and nothing to do in the house. Grayson still had me on house arrest and he's making sure I'm having a miserable time. He started coming home during his lunch breaks to check if I was still in my room. It's beginning to feel a lot less like home and more like a cage. I've spent most of my time just scrolling through my phone and listening to music. Not much else to do, other than chores and watching tv.

I hear a little tap at my window, it startled me because the silence has been particularly loud today. I look towards the window and see jughead and his goofy grin. Butterflies in my stomach started when I saw him. I quickly open the window for him and he climbs in.

"Jughead! I'm so happy you came to see me!" I wrap my arms around him and give him a kiss on the cheek. The sheer boredom and loneliness of this weekend made me wish I was spending it with him.

"Of course I did, I have something for you." He smiles, and i look down to see a to-go order of fries from Pop's in his hand. The kind gesture made me feel warm inside.

"Aww, you're so sweet!" I open the bag and take one off the top and eat it.

"I have something else for you too." He then pulls out the S tee-shirt I wore the night we stayed together at the school. I smile at the sight of it. I've never gotten anything like that from a boy before.

"Oh my gosh!" I smiled, and once again wrap my arms around him. I give him a kiss on the lips then on his nose before i pull away and tug him to my bed.

"You know I have really good news." He states.

"What is it?" I give him a confused look.

"I went to my dad's trailer and he seems to be getting his act together. Fred Andrews offered him a job at his construction sight and until he can get the trailer ready for mom and jellybean to come back, I'll be staying and Archie's." He says, that goofy grin never once leaves his face.

"I'm so happy for you!" I exclaim. We're both laying on my bed, and I couldn't help but wish he could spend the rest of the afternoon with me, but Grayson was supposed to be home later. "I wish I got to be there for it."

"Don't worry, there will be more opportunities! When Jellybean and my mom come back you can meet them and-" he trails on all the things we could do with his family but I was stuck.

"Meet your family? Jughead I hate to sound like a pessimist, but we're not even together."

"But that's the thing, I want to be!" He says.

"I don't know how well that will work out..." I sigh and sit up on the bed.

"What are you saying?" He sits up next to me and looks into my eyes.

"My brother doesn't want me to be around you, like for real this time. After the whole sheriff Keller situation, I'm supposed to be done with you." My heart begins to feel heavy with guilt. Not only did Grayson not want me anywhere near him, I felt guilty for ratting out Jughead's dad. He was explaining how happy he was, that his dad was getting his life together and watch me ruin it.

"Well maybe we could... keep it a secret. Just for now, when all this blows past, we can be public!" He stands up and begins to pace around my room.