Chapter 12

Something Beautiful

I've never been the type to hold grudges. So after Betty and I's altercation, it didn't take long for us to be civil again. But I'm still not going to be too keen on being her friend. She showed me her true colors that day,  but I'll forgive but not forget. 

I follow Archie and Betty down the long, busy hallway. We all had our next class together and I'd figured I'd walk with them today.

"Don't tell him I told you, but Jughead's birthday is Friday. I was thinking since he doesn't usually have a birthday, maybe you could do something for him?" Archie says, talking to Betty.

"Like maybe a party?" Betty gleamed like a shining star. She really was head over heels for Jughead.

"No, Jughead hates his birthday. I was thinking maybe something like a small gift." Archie responded.

"Archie, please? I promise it'll only be a few people. Inner circle only!" She explains. She kept glancing at him and making puppy dog eyes, in hopes he'll say yes.

"Fine, but inner circle only!" He exclaims. She smiles and runs off with her business, probably to go plan the party. Leaving Archie and me alone.

"What the hell, Archie?" I grab his arm and stop in the hallway.

"What?" He shoots me a confused look.

"Jughead and I are... kind of a thing now," I say quieter. Although Jughead and I aren't official, we still had a promise and I wasn't gonna let Betty get in the way of that promise.

"I'm sorry Hennessy, I didn't realize. I know she likes him and I thought it would be good for her." He says apologetically.

"It's fine, but now you know," I say as I  lead him into the classroom.

"Does Grayson know? I know he isn't a big fan of the serpents." He asks. I find my seat at the lab station and listen to his questions.

"Jughead is not FP, and no Grayson doesn't know nor does he need to. There's already so much going on with my mom and the whole Jason thing, I can't deal with him too." I say.

"Yeah, I get it. But good luck though, I know Grayson can be hard-headed sometimes." He adds. By this point, the late bell and had already rung and everyone was making their way to their seats. But I couldn't think about chemistry right now, I couldn't get Betty out of my head.

When it comes to certain things, I do get jealous but not like this. Betty made me want to absolutely lose it. I couldn't stand the idea of them being together and her giddy attitude made me kind of nervous.

~

The plan was, Betty was going to distract Jughead and take him to a movie so Archie and the Gang, and I could set up at his house. Betty didn't invite too many people just Archie, Veronica, Kevin, and a few other mutual friends. I had a feeling he wouldn't like it. He was never close with Kevin nor Veronica, but I still hoped he cared i showed up.

"So, How do you feel about Jughead and  Betty?" Veronica asks as she helps me pin up the streamer over Archie's living room window.

"Oh Veronica, I've always appreciated how blunt you are. But since you asked, it honestly does kind of bother me. I really like him and haven't had to deal with competing for a guy's attention before." I say.