13

I woke up to cried making me yawn, last night was awful. Cassiopeia had started teething somewhere between yesterday and today. The sun was barely peeking through the curtains as I got up. I noticed that the bed was empty but if Draco was with her she shouldn't still be crying. I walked into the room just as the cries had begun to die down. Draco was sitting in the rocking chair singing to her softly. I smiled leaning on the door frame as I listened to him sign her to sleep. He had a good voice and the sight was adorable. He looked up as she had fallen asleep and smiled. He put her in the crib before making his way over to me.

" How long have you been there?" He asked smiling and pushing hair out of my face. He cupped my cheek making me lean into his touch.

" Long enough," I said taking his hand away from my face and kissing the palm of it. His eyes lit up with the emotion I still was yet to determine but I loved seeing it. His eyes were always so light and full of happiness with it. " What do you want for breakfast?" I asked him.

" It's not morning yet," He protested. I pointed to the window which now let even more sun in than it had earlier. " Oh, it is. I don't know, surprise me." I nodded before going downstairs to leave him to change. I began making pancakes hoping they'd turn out good. I was humming as I waited for them to cook when I felt arms wrap around my waist and a head on my shoulder. I turned to see Draco leaning on my shoulder to see what I was cooking. 

" It smells good," He hummed. 

" I hope they taste good," I muttered before plating them. " Tell me how they taste." I handed him a plate and he took a bite causing his eyes to light up. 

" These are delicious," He said before eating the rest. After we had finished eating Cass had started crying again and Draco took a teething ring we had found in the freezer last night along with a bottle. We had also gotten more baby food that was more solid than the previous. Today was a Hogsmead day so we were getting ready to go down to the courtyard. I dressed Cass in a little sweater since it was cold out with leggings and a hat to cover her head. The sweater and hat had red paw prints on it and the leggings were red. She had little sneakers on that were black and red checks. 

" You should let me dress her up sometime," Draco said as we walked down the halls to get to the courtyard. 

" If we have a boy then yes," I said making him pout. " Actually no I like dressing Casey up so I'll do it," I told him smirking as he glared. I pushed him playfully not that hard though since he was pushing the stroller. We went to the three broomsticks first to get a butterbeer to warm up before we went shopping. Cass kept trying to get our drinks making us laugh as we gave her some puff snacks to eat while we sat here. After we left there we went to Honeydukes to get some candies but soon left as Cass wanted to grab at everything. She did this in every store so we ended up just walking around the small town for a little while just talking. We had gotten Cass out of the stroller and she was having the time of her life. 

" Who do you like more?"I asked Cass as we walked through the forest. " Mommy or daddy?" She just squealed in response making me smile. I took her from Draco making him protest, I stuck my tongue out at him. 

" You wanna come to dada?" Draco asked holding his hands out for her. She reached out to him but I turned around trying to mess with Draco.

" Dada!" I stood still as I looked at the little girl in my arms who was making grabby hand s for Draco. I looked at him to see he was as shocked as I was. A smile broke out on his face as did mine. He came towards us taking her in his arms and spinning her around.

" That's right princess," He said sticking his tongue out at me this time. I shook my head smiling as he kept trying to get her to say it again. " Come on dada, dada, dada."

" Dada!" She cheered making him smile even more. We began making our way back to the three broomsticks to warm up again but this time I saw Hermione, Ron, Harry and Ginny sitting at a table. I made my way over to them with Draco following as he kept telling Cass to say dada. I sat down beside Hermione and Seb as they gave Draco a weird look before looking to me for an explanation.

" Casey said her first word, and it was dada," I said and they nodded watching with interest as Draco played with his daughter. I don't think they had expected him to be so paternal but he was the one who got up with her most of the time and who took care of her the most. He was a great father and it made me happy knowing that in the near future I can count on him to be there for our child. We talked for a little while longer before Draco, Cass and I left to walk back to Hogwarts. As we made the trek he had grabbed my hand interlacing our fingers together causing me to blush.

" Is that from the cold or me holding your hand?" Draco asked with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes smiling but at the same time wanting to punch the smirk off his face.

" The cold," I lied and he knew it too but he didn't question it. He was pushing the stroller up the hill before lifting it with magic making Cass squeal with excitement as we climbed the stairs. As we made it to our room Cass was asleep and I didn't blame her, I was beyond tired. Draco and I decided to have an early dinner and call it a night seeing as in just a few short hours she'd be up again. As I was falling asleep Draco wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head and he let out a chuckle.

" I think I'm falling in love with you Granger," He whispered. I knew he didn't think I was awake to hear it but him saying it made me happy. I didn't think I loved Draco anymore I think I was slowly falling in love with him and I'm glad he feels the same way. I snuggled into his chest and for the first time didn't blush that he wasn't wearing a shirt. He held me tight all night, well, until Cass woke up.