17

I woke up to Draco rubbing small circles on my back. I smiled and cuddled against him not wanting to get up. He smiled kissing my head as he wrapped his arms against me making my body fill with warmth. I never wanted to leave the bed but then a thought struck me that made my heartbreak. I looked up at Draco who noticed my worried expression and became worried himself.

" It's the last day we have Cass," I said my heartbreaking as I said it. His eyes filled with sadness as he held me tighter. " I don't want to lose her Draco."

" I don't either, she's my world," He said and I nodded burying my head in his neck. He rubbed soothing circles on my back again trying to calm me down. It's been two weeks since Draco proposed and we had gotten closer but I don't think it'd be the same without Cass. I sighed before getting up ignoring the cold that crept on my legs. I got some clothes for me to change into after I got out of the shower before turning to Draco. 

" Wanna join?" I asked making him shoot out of the bed and making me giggle. He came over to me and picked me up before he carried me to the bathroom.

" Mum! I need help!" Cass' voice filled the apartment as I brushed my hair in the mirror.

" What do you need help with sweets?" I asked walking into her room that has changed. There were presents from Draco's mum and clothes from my parents along with decorations from both of them. Her bed was a castle that Draco had picked out saying she was his princess.  Her toy box was overflowing with toys that she loved. She still carried around the teddy that Draco's mum got her. 

" I can't find my other shoe," She pouted. I began looking for it since any other shoe was not an option to her. She was spoiled by her dad and Draco's mum, he knew it annoyed me too but he still lets her get anything she wants. I looked under her bed not even questioning how in the world her shoe got under there. She jumped up as she got it on and ran down the stairs to hang with Draco. I could hear her giggling and it was making me even more sad that in just a few hours it'd be quite in the apartment. I sighed getting up and going downstairs so we could go to the Great Hall for breakfast.

As the day went on I and Draco had savoured every moment of the day with Cass. Most other seventh years did too except the few that were like Pansy. Draco and I were swinging her in between us as we walked to the life class. Cass hated this class the most since all we really did was talk. I hated the class too, now more than ever. It felt wrong that they could give me the best thing I could ask for and then take her away. 

" Well, I hope you all have enjoyed this little experiment but it is now time for the grading process," The professor spoke. I sighed hugging Cass close to me and kissing her head as Draco hugged us both. I didn't want to lose her. With a wave of her wand where Cass once was there was nothing but a potion bottle making tears rise to my eyes. She collected them as Draco rubbed circles on my arms his own eyes were shrouded in sadness. That was our last class of the day so when we went to the black lake. I wasn't ready to see the apartment without all of Cass' stuff that adorned it.

" I miss her so much Draco," I said as he held me. 

" I know I miss the little Pea too," He said and my heart broke at the nickname. I loved when he called her that, so did she. It always brought a smile to her face. I sighed before standing up to go back and face the place I now dreaded going to. I walked up the stairs as Draco made us dinner since he knew I didn't want to go out just yet. As I was about to walk into our room I saw that the door to her room was still there. I opened the door hesitantly but to my disappointment, there was no Cass in her bed but there was a bottle on her pillow along with a  note.

Mr Malfoy and Ms Granger,
You made a 92 percent with this little experiment so now that we have graded you on it we are confident that you both will make great parents. This is the potion that made your daughter if you hadn't guessed. You can keep it around as a souvenir or a storyteller or when you get pregnant you drink the vile and you will give birth to Cassiopeia and you can have her again.

" Oh, my Merlin! Draco! Draco!" I said racing down the stairs with the note in hand. he looked up shocked by my sudden mood change. I gave him the letter and his smile reached his eyes as he picked me up and spun me around. 

" We can have our little girl back!" He said excited and I nodded. " Well we still need to work for it though, shall we start?" He asked his voice lowering and his eyes darkening making me giggle and blush as he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he carried me up the stairs and laid me on the bed. It was going to be a very long night. Not that I'm complaining.