― prologue.

"Mother?" A younger girl piped up, she wanted to know more about the infamous war between the dragons and wolves; being that Celeste had told her some intelle about the horrid war that transpired last year.

She told Freya a few days ago. "Yes, dear?" She titled her head to the side, her orbs remained on her daughter.

"What happened on that... day?" Freya paused, trying to find the right words to say. Her mother gave her a arched brow, clearly confused by the question.

What did she mean by that... day?

"What-what I mean is that, what jumped started this horrible war between the dragons and wolves...?" Freya blurted out by accident, her orbs had widened at what she had asked her mother.

Not expecting that, her mother demanded to know how her own daughter knew about this. She didn't want this to happened but it did.

Oh crap, Celeste was screwed..

"Celeste was the one.. who told me but-but, she didn't tell me the WHOLE STORY!-"

Her mother inhaled sharply while touching the bridge of her nose. "I'll let her off the hook THIS time. She's safe for now."

Freya nodded, silently thanking whoever was up there.

"Oh.. the war between the dragons and wolves, that is quite a story. Thank goodness, we were not there but.. your father.. was, but you know that now. How the war started, you ask? The dragons and wolves were fighting over a territory then there was a war and every other creature seem to side with the dragons or the wolves...well expect for the magick users, of course."

"That's how.."

"Yes, and soon, you are going to be the next queen for the dragon kingdom..."

"Don't CHANGE the topic, mother- how come you didn't tell me dad died in the war? Why didn't you tell me the truth about father's death, huh!? Plus, I'M not going to be your queen."