Chapter 6

~Time Skip~ 

After the awkward car ride, Jay and I head to school where we meet Jessi at her locker. Jay pulls out his cards and appears to be doing a magic trick. 

"Oh, hey guys," Missy says walking over. I smile at her and give her a tiny wave. "I just wanted to remind you the theme of the dance is 'A Night in Ancient Mesopotamia'. We're gonna put the 'social' back in social studies," 

"Missy, do you mind? I'm doing a magic trick!" Jay says rolling his eyes. 

"Jay, that was rude! Can you try to be more nice?" I said sympathetically. 

"It's fine, Angel. I do love a good magic trick! It's like juggling but, definitely more confrontational," Missy says with a smile on h

"Yeah, it's like someone playing cards at you," Jessi mocks. 

"Would you guys please be quiet!" Jay yells, making me shale my head. It's hard to believe that they are all friends.  

"I think I have something in my mouth," Jay says. He put his hand down his throat and pulls out the card from his mouth. "Is that your card?" he asks me. I nodded. 

"Wow, Jay! I could barely tell that you the card palmed in your hand when you reached inside your mouth." Jessi said with a smirk. 

"Damn, it Jessi" Jay shouts. 

"Jay, calm down," I said putting my hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him. 

"Yeah, I'm sure Angel, never gave a shit about this anyway," Missy says. 

"C'mon, Missy," 

"I was just trying to help," Missy says.  

I look up to see Nick walking up to one of the eighth grader girls. Shit is about to go down.

"What the hell is he doing," Andrew asks. 

"Hello! Nick is going to talk to one of the eighth graders," Jay says entertained. 

Oof! I have only been here for two days and drama is already starting!