Prologue

From young she was smart, a quick thinker and a fast learner yet even the brightest go through their trials. Even the most resilient can break given the right ammount of pressure and that is where this young lady; the heroine of this story finds herself.

    In the most arid desert, the harshest storm our heroine sits in solice on her knees gripping her black skirt with tears she didn't even realize fell from her eyes. Yet In order to understand, the story must begin not here, but start from the very beginning.

...

      It was a normal day, the very young (f/n) Imamura ran down the halls of the inn her parents opened. It was their 10 year anniversary of being open and the Imamura family was, or had become affluent enough that this milestone warrened a very large crowd, it was the townspeople in the entirety to be exact.

    She was full of life, running up and down the coridoors of the inn. It also happened to be her 10th birthday so quickly She followed her mother with the decoration supplies in hand. All of her friends from temple school training would be there and When noon approached the young (f/n) was corralled into her room by her mother and groomed into her yukata.

    The cool tones looked radiant against her (s/c) skin and her (h/c) hair was combed neatly into a side bun. Her mother placed a small white kanazashi in her hair and the young girl smiled at her reflection. She gave her mother a hug and once sundown came; the festivities began.

    The celebration began and once the sun was finally away fireworks in the air. However, danger lurked at night. Blood thirsty creatures; demons walked the roads and watched in the trees waiting to trap and devour humans. The Imamura family though was cautious, setting up wisteria inscence all through the perimeter of the celebration. Wisteria was what kept demons at bay at night. During the day it was the sun.

    The carefree youngster ran to the lavatories and struggled with her yukata for a good while, when something weird happened.

The hustle and bustle came to a sudden stop.

    Cautiously she opened the door and around her; the smell of death. She went to scream but instead covered her mouth tears forming at the end of her eyes...how had this happened?? They were careful.

She instinctively ran in the main building and what she saw a horror. She trembled and out of fear wet herself at the blood fest indoors. Her father still stood defending her bleeding out mother the demon however laughed and overpowered him.

    (F/n) had seen the slaying of her father and her mother bleeding in a corner as she cowered looked towards her daughter reached out and mouthed "go"

     The 10 year old went to run realising something vitally important. The demon turned to her direction had its eyes completley binded shut...it was blind but still knew she was around.

She deduced that he was either scent or auditorily augmented. The intelegent child cried silently and drenched herself in the blood of demons victims and even used the bodies to hide in.

    She ran to the room with the most bodies and bloodied mess and wore their clothes their intestines their hearts and hid in the carnage. The demons, it had turned out to be more then one would walk by her and unnoticing that she was still alive and in survival mode.

     A day turned into 2 then 3 almost 2 weeks had passed, she was nearly starved and dehydrated when something new happened....a new commotion.

The sound of flesh tearing flesh; this one was new. It wasn't the farmiliar sound of bones being munched on. (F/n) poked her head up and the demon cried in anguish. She then heard a husky voice of another laugh and shout "burn in hell demon!"

With all of her might she managed to muster up she stood up sliding and tripping multiple times on the countless rotting appendages she made way to the grey haired man killing the demons.

  "Theres more" she said in a weak and feeble voice pointing to the back. This man looked at her almost mistaking her for a monster herself. "Go please sir..I'll tie this one up to the tree" she said taking the ropes from the man.

  He blinked at this little girl being reminded of his own young sister and shook his head before going to take care of the others.

He covered his face with his hand looking at the conditions left by the demons, he sighed realising that the little girl had lived through this all. After finishing off the other demons the man who was technically a teen patted her head.

"I take it your family...was killed here?"

   "...." (f/n) finally had come off of survival mode and fell to her knees she cried and hugged this man staining his distinctive uniform with blood. He sighed and simply held the crying child.

     "My name is Shinazugawa Sanemi." He finally spoke "you can come with me but dont slow me down alright kid, cuz I'll leave you in the dust"

    (F/n) looked up at the man and sniffled nodding.

   How was she supposed to know that this was the beginning of it all? She wouldnt because years would pass before any feeling other then contempt was in the air.

....