Free Falling

I felt something go off from behind me. A bomb. Something blew up from the middle of the room and I was soon covered by Steve and thrown to the floor with him on top of me.

The explosion took a couple of people to the floor below us while keeping Steve, Tony and I on the same floor.

"No objections. You need it and I am going to be in my suit." The serious look on his face made me do it. I was going to need to protect people. 

Tony reached his hand out to me, within a second of me touching it some of his energy swapped into me, powering me.

"Woah, I forgot how weird that felt." The rubble was still falling.

"You want to get the suit on?" Tony looked down at Steve as he helped me up.

"Yeah." We quickly ran out of the room into the main room in S.H.I.E.L.D while everyone was getting ready for battle. 

"Are you sure that you are going to be okay? Be safe." With a kiss on the forehead, he ran away to get his suit on, and I knew how hard that was for him. I moved to walk away only to get stopped by Cap.

"Be careful, okay. We still need to clarify I am right." I laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"See you on the other side, Steve." I quickly took off and ran into the room.

"Someone needs to go outside and catch that engine," Maria stressed out.

"I will." Maria looked over to me with a scared look nevertheless allowed me to do it. I focused my breathing and mind of fixing the engine to letting it fly straight, well more hovering. But hey we weren't falling 

"Here. The team needs you." Director Fury handed me an earpiece.

"Tony, I handled the plane just make sure that it doesn't blow." I smirked as my brother said 'yes ma'am '. 

"Help me out, please, Cap." I heard Tony yell into the earpiece. Within a second of him asking I heard Steve answer back.

"Guys we have a problem with Bruce. El, can you help?" I smiled at my nickname. 

"Where?" As soon as she told me that she was still on the floor beneath the training room I booked it. 

Teleporting down to the area where they dropped down too. I could see Nat sitting on the ground while the Hulk raised his hands to strike.

Only to get tackled by Thor. Nice. Oh no. Not nice that just pissed him off a hell of a lot more. I knew my hands out to create a shield around the Hulk causing his hands to bounce off of it but stay in nevertheless.

"I am going to calm him down you help Widow and everyone else," I ordered as I walked closer to his shield. 

"No, ma'am. I am sorry but I am not going to listen. I could barely handle him on my own." I knew that this wasn't going to get anywhere anytime soon. 

I could hear Tony and Steve's conversation in the background but I had to drownd it out. Otherwise, I am going to think about their safety.

"Careful, El, Thor. He packs a bigger punch than I thought." I looked over to where Nat buzzed in warning us as I stepped in. 

"Work him out until he stops sound good?" The Asgardian grinned and ran into the shield that I had made. Well, we are going to kill him. 

"Lady Stark. Watch out." He said it so prim and properly that I almost got confused at first. Then I saw him throw his hammer at Hulk smack dab in the middle of his chest. Damn.

Hulk tried to pick it up from his chest only from him to not be able to move it a centimeter. Once it got off of him he slammed his fist down on the top of Thor's head. 

I knew that his hands could only help him for so long so I stood next to him and used the energy that I had left to put into a field pushing Thor away from both of us.

"Duck unless you want to go to sleep, Thor." Thor maneuvered himself to doge the last punch that Hulk threw only to hit the ground hard.

"Hey big guy, can you do me a solid and calm down. I am only going to ask nicely once." By the look of his face as he swung at me. 

I barely ducked it before I had a chance to look in his eyes and compelled him to drop.

"He is good now. He decided to take a quick nap." I told the team with myself and Thor a bit out of breath. Right, when I thought that it was working I could see his start to stir asleep. He stood up but then something shot him. The anger that overtook his face was interesting.

"Shit." He ran out of the window and jumped onto the plane. I think he can handle that.

"Guys, a bomb just went off in the main room." I could hear the panic in Nat's voice as she started running. 

"It's Barton. He took out all of our systems. He is heading for the detention level. Does anybody copy?" Fury's voice cut in with a furious tone.

"This is agent Romanoff, I've got him." Nat virtually yelled into the earpiece.

"Guys the engine is failing bad someone needs to get it going or we are going to drop," Tony answered within a couple of seconds.

"The Starks will handle it." I ran over to the side of the ship that the Hulk just jumped out of, shit. I knew what I was going to need to do but it was dangerous.

"Thor, can you help up in the main room?" Nat shouted into as I could tell she was out of breath. "We are surrounded." Thor looked to me as if to see if I was okay and once he realized it he ran up.

"Fury, I want you to set the power to full blast okay. It is going to be easier for me if you do that." I put the tips of my feet over the hole in the ship. "Tony, catch me."

"What?" The surprise was huge in his voice. "If you jump out of the goddam ship I am going to let you fall. I swear to god Annabelle!" Well too late for that. I stepped one foot forward and let my body fall.

Okay. I need to seal this up. I thrust my hands out in front of me and felt the ship as if it was sewing itself together. Within another second I saw that the ship was just hovering in the sky. Better than it falling.

I am freaking free falling. Amazing.