19.

He gives a growl like you've never heard before. It's less like a sound and more like a vibration he makes in his throat. You're shaking uncontrollably. Your heart thuds so hard you can feel it pounding through your body.

His huge hands are warm against your arse as he spreads you open. You bite your lip with a whimper as he presses the tip of his manhood against your opening. It feels astonishingly hot and hard. He smacks his lips, then gives another growl.

You fist your hands into the hides, staring at the ground as your hair hangs around your face and tears drip from your eyes. You watch as one trickles down the side of your nose. He hasn't moved, his cock still pressed against you. What's taking so long? You've given up. All you want is for this to be over, so you can finally get home and collapse into your mother's warm, loving arms; to be back into your bed and into the safety of your village. How could you have ever thought to stay?

There's another growl, different from the first. Suddenly, he releases you and pulls away. You don't move, afraid to move, quivering, your knees and back aching. He growls again, a normal growl, and you suddenly realise—there are two of them. There are two of these man-beasts and they're growling at each other.

You lift your face with a start. Could it be? You weep harder as you stare into the trees ahead. It's him. It's him. You can't see him, but somehow you know. It's something you can't describe. It's almost as though you can sense him. It makes you feel warm. It makes your heart swell.

He growls again, and you know for certain now. You've heard it often enough. You can feel the male behind you tense as he adds his own growl to your mate's. The forest is quiet, the monkeys no longer bellowing or screeching, as though they're silent spectators watching from the safety of their trees.

The growling intensifies from both of them until it echoes in the silence. They're like a couple of bears preparing to kill each other. The growling turns to snarling. One of the smaller trees ahead where your mate remains concealed tilts, then bends. Its leaves rustle. There comes a loud crack! Then the tree straightens again.

The growling and snarling continues. The man-beast behind you exits the shelter, hunched over, his hands clawed in front of him as he snarls at the trees. He looks more like an animal than a man now, with his disgusting hair and bulging muscles and snarling face. His manhood stands like a log between his legs. You pull back into the corner of the shelter, not knowing what to do. Then, finally, he reveals himself.

You give a little cry at the sight of him. It's like you haven't seen him in years. Compared to the beast who's kidnapped you, he looks so ... human. His warm hazel gaze seeks you out. His eyebrows lower over his eyes and he frowns. You want to cry. He's worried about you. He's come to save you. And it's more than just because you're a female. You're more than just an orifice to implant his seed into.

So much more.

You clutch at your throat as it swells with tears. There are so many things you suddenly want to say, even if he won't understand. Your body aches to be in his arms again.

As he turns his attention back to his opponent, his eyes flash with fury. His frown turns to a snarl. He's gripping a thick branch covered in sticks and leaves. So that's where the loud crack! had come from. He's snapped it off from the tilting tree.

Definitely more than a stupid beast. He's come prepared.

Your wild kidnapper growls at his weapon. He doesn't seem to be afraid of it. Perhaps he's too stupid or too fearless. His size probably gives him more confidence than it should. Your heart leaps with hope—and fear. What if the branch isn't enough? What if he gets hurt?

What if he ... dies?

There's no more time to worry because they're suddenly upon each other, roaring and bellowing and snarling. You scream as they clash, turning away just as your mate swings the branch and the man-beast counters with his fists. Huddling amid the hides, you hear thuds and whines and more roars. The shelter shudders as one of them falls against it. You quickly scuttle into the opposite corner. It's the older man-beast. His nose gushes blood. He staggers and lurches, gripping at his side. Something yellow and hard is poking out of the top of his shoulder. It takes you several moments before you realise that it's bone. Your mate appears uninjured, his branch spattered with blood.

The man-beast shakes his head, at first growling, then whining as he slumps to his knees not far from where you're hiding. With a snarl, your mate lifts the branch.

'No!' you cry.

The branch comes down right on his head, again and again and again until blood spatters your mate's face and chest. You turn away too late as his opponent's head squashes like a desiccated pumpkin beneath his strike. You hear his body hit the ground with a heavy thud, then grunting and sputtering as he slowly dies.

Apparently, he's not dying fast enough. You look back with a choke as your mate continues with his attack, pulverising his flesh. His teeth are bared. His eyes are bright. He continues to growl and snarl. He's no longer angry—he's enjoying himself. You watch in horror as the spattering blood turns thick and gluggy. It wets the ends of his hair and drips from his beard.

You duck with a cry, covering your head with your arms, as some of it flies towards you.

That's it. You've had enough. Your mind seems to separate from your body as you flee the shelter. Your pumping legs are out of your control as you race through the trees. You have no idea where you're going. All you know is that you have to get away. Your bare feet burn against the sharp forest floor, but you hardly notice the pain. All you can think of is how wild he looks, how furious and out of control.

He's no animal. He's certainly no human.

He's a monster.