Horror of Horrors

Amelia absolutely hated horror movies. She vowed to never be talked into another one as she covered her eyes for the umpteenth time in the hour and a half long movie.
"You okay?" Asked a deep voice right next to her ear.
Amelia almost jumped out of her skin when she turned and saw Eric's concerned gaze connect with hers. She nodded, not trusting her voice as his electric blue eyes bore into her.
"I can walk you out if it's really bothering you." Eric whispered again. Amelia was tempted and bit her lip as she thought about it silently.

Eric watched her golden brown eyes flicker from the screen to the exit. Deciding to take the initiative he grabbed her hand and helped her stand. He poked Jack's arm and signaled that they would be stepping out. Jack gave him a nod and they were on their way.

Finally outside of the theater Amelia felt her embarrassment grow.
"Thank you Eric but I'm sorry you'll miss the rest of the movie." She tugged at the end of her hair nervously.
"I wasn't really all that interested in the movie anyway." Eric chuckled.
A gasp broke the comfortable silence that had enveloped them. A familiar tall blonde with piercing blue eyes glided over to them.
"Eric...I'm surprised at you." Jen tsked as she approached the couple.
"I didn't think you'd stoop so low as to be seen in public with...that." Jen's hand fluttered in Amelia's direction as her nose scrunched up in disgust. Amelia felt her blood heat and she set her jaw.
"Listen Jennifer, I don't know how much clearer I can be but this is my boyfriend, he chose me, he's staying with me and you can't have him." Amelia took a step closer and poked a finger into Jen's chest. Their noses almost touching now Amelia's eyes were ablaze. Jen stepped back her mouth hanging open, slackjawwed.
"We'll see about that, Eric you'll regret choosing this bore over me." Jen practically growled at Amelia then she stormed away. Amelia turned around with a huff and locked eyes with a stunned Eric.
"You're welcome." She sung sarcastically.

Eric felt his mouth open in shock as Amelia told Jen off. He almost didn't catch the last scathing look she threw his way before she stormed off. His biggest concern now was the sarcastic tone and the annoyed foot tapping brunette staring him down. He snapped his mouth shut at her words, his teeth clicking together from the force.
"Uh...thanks Diaz." He managed. Amelia rolled her eyes then smirked.
"You know this means you owe me double right?" She stated matter of factly as she turned and whipped her hair into a quick ponytail. Eric's eyes went wide but before he could shout a warning Amelia slammed into the person behind her. Two brunettes went jolting backwards and Amelia flew to the other womans side instantly.
"Oh no I'm so sorry!, are you hurt?" Amelia's rushed apologies and frantic hands stalled suddenly when she reached the womans face. An inhuman squeak came from Amelia's now frozen form. The other brunette having recovered from her fall simply smiled up at her then burst into uncontainable laughter. Amelia seemed to relax as she helped the giggling woman to her feet. Eric now noticed as he got closer to help them that this woman looked like she could be Amelia's twin. The hair was cut shorter in a bob and her eyes were a shade darker but otherwise build and mannerisms even seemed to line up.
"Oh Amelia when I came to visit I didn't think I'd run into you quite that literally." The woman giggled again.
"Uh not to interrupt but, you two know each other?" Eric's curiosity won out as he held Amelia's arm to steady her. The woman looked him up and down then and smiled almost approvingly.
"I'm Amelia's cousin Amanda Grover, you are?" Eric accepted the hand but before he could reply Amelia's hand laced in his and she laid her head on his shoulder.
"This is my boyfriend, Eric Corté." Amanda's eyebrow almost snuck it's way into her hairline.
"Little Ames finally found a man who would deal with her?" Eric sent an inconspicuous askance look Amelia's way. Amanda however was oblivious to this and continued.
"Listen Eric was it, Ames is a little...hard to handle she's never been on a second date so just call me if you need any advice on how to wrangle the beast." Amanda chuckled at her own rudeness and turned to Amelia with a smirk on her face.
"Ames I know Aunt Ilene didn't tell you but just so you know we're staying at a hotel not five minutes from you." Amanda stuck an elbow in Amelia's ribs and snorted.
"That means we can visit everyday for two weeks, I'll be telling Aunt Ilene about this little encounter too, toodles!" Amanda swiveled away from the pointed glare and waved over her shoulder.

Eric slipped his hand out of hers and took a polite step away.
"So your cousin seems..." He rubbed his neck and shrugged. Amelia groaned and dropped her face into her hands.
"I'm so sorry I didn't know what else to do, Amanda always teased me about being single I panicked." Amelia looked between her fingers to find him smirking at her with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.
"You know I could help with this situation and then I'd be debt free." Eric leaned closer making her pulse jump wildly.
"What do you mean?" Amelia asked warily. Eric's smirk widened wickedly.
"This little deja vu moment has redeemed me one." Eric lifted a finger to emphasize. "But I'm still indebted via round two of Jen the ex." He finished. Amelia had the sudden realization that Amanda would waste no time in telling her mother and she'd be in for a rough week explaining her sudden relationship with Eric.
"Oh no Amanda has probably already sent my mother a full paragraph of text detailing my new boyfriend that isn't my boyfriend because it's you!" The rush of words made Eric laugh even harder and he shook his head at her fearful expression.
"So how do you get out of this?" Eric asked, Amelia sighed and ran a hand through her hair.
"I'll figure something out maybe you can...no that won't work...maybe...no aagh!" Amelia paced and chewed her bottom lip until she walked into Eric's chest. His hands wrapped around her biceps and he held her at arms length.
"How about we fake date until the cousin leaves then you can explain to your mother that you just wanted her to leave you alone." Eric's voice was oddly shaky as he finished his sentence. Amelia stared up at him but just as she opened her mouth to reply their friends rejoined them.
"Okay that movie was great, Amelia you are weak!" Sheila stated happily as she bounced over to them. Her eyes then took in the scene before her and she smirked with a hand in front of her mouth.
"Did we interrupt something?"