First Day of 10th Grade

2 months later... First Day of School

Solana's POV

Today I chose a simple outfit.

I facetimed Mani to show her the outfit as she showed me hers too since we weren't going to the same school

"I can't believe we aren't gonna be at the same school brooo

"I can't believe we aren't gonna be at the same school brooo. But I love your outfit so much. It's chill as fuck. But yo I need to go right now, i'm about to miss my bus. So try and have a great first day pookiebutt." I said trying to shove this apple down my throat.

"Bye Lana girl, have a great first day." Mani said blowing a kiss and hanging up.

Ella's POV

I quite literally do not look forward to school. This making friends deal? I'd rather just not make them. Those people who swear they have a lot of friends and in reality have none is crazy to me.. Who in their right mind would choose to be surrounded by fake people than be alone?

 Who in their right mind would choose to be surrounded by fake people than be alone?

My mom dropped me off at the entrance of the school. "Bye ma, I love you." I waved two fingers as she blew me a kiss and drove off. I looked at the school in awe as I saw the two story building in front of me.

"Damn." I said to myself. I walked in the building, grabbed my schedule, and I somehow found my homeroom. I sat down in the very back by the window because watchin' the weather was cool to me.

After the bell rang, there were two empty seats next to me and I was lowkey excited. But then this girl sat next to me. She looked at me and smiled so I smiled back. I wasn't just gonna be rude.

After a few minutes, the teacher did roll call.

"Ella Mai?"

"Here." I said.

A few names later, he called "Solana Rowe?"

"Here." The girl next to me had said. She had a nice voice, almost made me wonder if she sang too. Just from the little rasp in her tone.

When the bell rang the teacher finally spoke, "Okay class welcome to Music World... My name is Mr. Urie. Today we will get to know each other by working in partners."

I automatically was irritated and I think Solana could tell because she was looking at me and started to chuckle.

The last thing I wanna do is partner stuff.

She looked at Mr. Urie to listen to directions and I know this sounds creepy, but I just stared at her. Something about her energy was comforting. I turned my head when she looked over at me.

"Pair up everybody. For those of you who don't know," he said looking around ," a pair means two people." The class laughed at him.

"So, Ella right?" asked Solana.

"Yeah.. and you're Solana correct?" I said playing dumb.

"Yeah I suppose so." She showed a small smile on her face.

"We should work together."

"Sure." I said.

Solana's POV

I paired up with this girl named Ella because she was kinda just chillin in the corner.

Also she was kinda cute.

"You have a phone?" I asked her.

"Yes ma'am."

"Great.. I'll give you my number after school." I said.

"What's your schedule look like?" she asked,

I handed her my paper and she scanned through it.

"We have no more classes together but we do have the same lunch block. So looks like I'll see you at lunch." she said smiling.

8 hours later...

Solana's POV

I gave Ella my number and I had invited her to my house to hangout.

After she asked her mom, we headed down my street and my brother was playing ball with his boys.

"Hey sis. Who's the girl?" my nosey ass brother asked.

"This is my friend Ella, Ella meet Kendrick my brother."

They had a small conversation and we headed up to my room.

"Nice house." said Ella.

"Thank you, my mom tries for sure." I said laughing a little.

I closed my bathroom door and changed my clothes.

Ella looked really nervous, so I tried to start a conversation

"Hey, you good?"

"I'm cool, I just ain't had a friend before." she answered.

"How come?" I questioned.

"Most people don't match my vibe. Like I love writing songs and I've never felt I could show them to someone.. you know?"

I nodded.

"I can understand that, not everyone is deserving of hearing your art. When I started writing I realized that for sure."

"You write?" she questioned.

"Yess, I love writing and singing."

"I highkey knew you sang, but we should write together sometimes."

"I'd definitely be down." I said laying next to where she sat in the bed.