A New Start

Ella's POV

Yesterday I had went to Solana's house and I liked her place, it was chill.

My mom gave me tips on what to wear. Somehow she chose my outfit for today, but I surprisingly like it.

As long as she don't buy me anymore of those "Black Girl Magic" shirts i'm fine.

They don't even go with anything in my closet.

Since we only have one class together then lunch in the middle of the day, I invited her for a sleepover tonight because it's Friday

We were gonna watch movies and do whatever people do at sleepovers.

Once again though, I was nervous.

Solana's POV

After we got out of school at 2:45 I walked with Ella to her Mom's car.

She hasn't met my mom yet, but she had to at some point. So I chose to meet hers first.

"Hi Ms. Howell. I'm Solana, it's so nice to meet you." I said with the biggest smile on my face.

"So you're the girl my Ella was talking about all night! It's so nice to meet you too Solana."

I looked at Ella with a small laugh and she scratched her neck blushing.

I had worn a chill ass outfit to school, only problem with sleeping over at someone's house was I couldn't lay in my bed with just underwear and a bra.

5 hours later..

"Did you guys enjoy the movie?" Ms. H asked.

Ella seemed perfectly fine as I was a bit scared from watching a whole freaking clown on the big screen. "It was pretty okay." I said slightly lying.

We went inside and I admired the art on the walls.

I went and took my things to Ella's room which was painted a lavender purple.

"I love your room El... It's so angelic."

"Well thank you Lana... Do you wanna watch another movie?"

I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Just no more scary shit." I said glaring at her before I jumped in the bed to lay down.

"Is someone scared? Traumatized even?" Ella said teasing me.

"I just don't fuck wit clowns man, those things are freaky as hell."

Ella laid her head on my lap and I played in her hair while we searched for another movie.

"How about we start a tv show together? It'll give us something to talk about." she recommended.

"Okay, we should watch The Chi. I heard about it and wanted to try it out."

She started the show and we watched it until we fell asleep.