chapter 2 "they burned the kitchen"

RIHAN'S POV

It was the afternoon, and I changed into my comfiest clothes, ready to take a much-needed nap. I hopped into bed, with Siddharth sitting beside me, anxiously biting his nails. I wondered what was bothering him, but at that moment, all I cared about was getting some sleep.

I threw open the blanket, pulled it up to my knees, and paused to reach for the AC remote on the side table. Just as I held it up towards the AC, Siddharth snatched it from my hand.

"Don't you care about me?" he asked, kneeling on the bed.

"Who cares? Are you my girlfriend or something?" I replied, my voice tinged with irritation. "Just give me the remote back!" I exclaimed, getting on my knees and trying to grab it from his hand, but he held it out of reach near his abdomen.

"Look, I'm not your boyfriend who's going to touch you inappropriately," I said, pointing my finger at him and glaring, my frustration growing as I grew sleepier.

"Give me the remote back," I warned, my tone firm.

"Hey, please, aren't I your best friend?" He pleaded, hoping i would understand.

"What do you want now?" I asked, giving him a side-eye, feeling a bit skeptical.

"Your help, baby," he said, trying to touch my hand like a girl, being all dramatic.

"Hey, hey! How many times do I have to tell you, I'M STRAIGHT," I said, jerking his hand away.

"Can't I have your support? Won't you help me?" he asked, coming closer to my face.

"Hey, stop it! I'll help," I said, pushing him back, relieved that he finally backed off.

"You know I hate physical touches," I said, playfully patting off the dirt from my clothes.

"Really? Don't you hug and touch aaha? Where did 'I hate physical touches' go?" he said, rolling his eyes and mimicking me, making me look at him the most irritating face.

"Hey, because she's my best friend," I replied, feeling a bit flustered.

"Huh, huh, best friend. You love her, don't you?" he asked, looking away.

"I'd rather die than fall in love with her," I replied, irritation and annoyance creeping into my voice.

"Well, never mind. You said you'll help, won't you?" he asked, glancing back at me, his face filled with tension.

"Spill the beans," I replied eagerly, leaning in to hear what he had to say.

"You know, I invited everyone for dinner. I had everything planned to be at the restaurant, but she insisted on having it at our place. So now, I'm a bit clueless about what to do," he explained, his frustration evident. I decided to play innocent, raising my palm to my forehead and dramatically pretending to move my hand curling over my head, as if to say 'sar ke uppar se gaya'

"I was actually planning to ask her," he confessed, his voice lowering as he avoided making eye contact.

"What? Sorry, I didn't catch that," I replied, cupping my hand around my ear and leaning closer to him.

With a sigh, he repeated himself, this time with more conviction, "I was planning to ask her out. I love her."

My eyes widened in excitement, unable to contain myself. "I knew it! You're head over heels for her!" I exclaimed, my heart racing with anticipation. The thrill of the moment filled the air, and I couldn't wait to hear more about his feelings and how everything unfolds.

"I want to know every juicy detail, so spill the beans already!" I said, hugging the pillow tightly between my arms and stomach, eager to soak in every word from the beginning.