chapter 3 "kavya said yes to sidharth"

RIHAN'S POV

"Hey, what if Kavya is also coming with her?" Sidharth asked as I turned to him in the living room, waiting for Aaha to arrive.

"She won't," I replied, assuring him. But then I gave him a sudden realizing glare because I'm not sure if I can say she's not coming with her. I didn't tell her.

In a rush, I grabbed his phone from the table and sat down, dialing Aaha's number. Sidharth came near me and took a seat.

"She isn't picking up the call," I replied, disappointed that she didn't answer.

"Try calling Kavya," he suggested.

"But-" I was about to speak, but he interrupted me, saying, "Just dial it," and snatched the phone before I could even process what he was saying.

"Put the call on speaker," I said, and he dialed her number.

"Hello," she said as she picked up the call.

"Umm, Kavya, it's me, Rihan," I said, leaning towards the phone.

"Ha, bolo," she replied.

"Umm, can you tell me where Aaha is? She isn't picking up my call," I asked, feeling hesitant.

"She must be on her bike. You ask her to come over urgently. What's the matter?" she asked, and we both sighed in relief, knowing she isn't coming.

"Aaha didn't tell you?" I asked her back, just in case to support the lie if Aaha had said anything.

"Yeah, she said you guys burned the food," she said.

"Haaana, dekho Sidharth ne khana jala diya," I said, while Sidharth cursed me. I could understand his lipsync. Hehe, another hesitant smile came off my face.

"Haa, okay, mai na, baad mein call karti hu, mumma ka call aa raha hai," she said.

"Haa haa, bilkul," I replied as I cut the call.

"Saale, tujhe yeh kyu bolna tha ki maine khana jalaya hai?" Sidharth asked as I put the phone on the table, while he got closer to me, frustrated.

"Easy, Sidharth. We're doing this for you, isn't it?" I asked, and his facial expression softened.

"Okay, mai ja raha hu, Aaha aur mere liye coffee banane. She must be triggered about it," I said as I stood up and a smile came across my face, knowing how well we know each other. I went straight to the kitchen.

"Move aside!" I heard her voice as I was already there, holding the mugs all ready. And there she was, rocking her purple night suit, looking absolutely stunning as always. I approached her with a smile. She asked if I was okay, her voice trailing off. I assured her that I was alright. Soon after, we settled on the couch, sipping our coffee and sharing everything. I suggested she change into my clothes, which caught her by surprise. But time was running out, so I smiled as she entered the room. I couldn't help but notice Sidharth's gaze, and my smile faded as I saw him with a questioning look.

"You didn't even let me touch your clothes," he said, as I averted my eyes, walking towards the drawer.

"Toh best friend haina meri," I said with a playful grin, grabbing the car keys from the drawer and sliding them into my pocket. I could feel Sidharth's gaze lingering on me, but I chose to ignore it for now.

"Tu kuch bhi bol, you love her man," he says while taking his seat on the couch. "Shut up, go prepare your so-called dialogues," I say and walk out of the room, entering the yard and glancing at my room's window. I smile like an idiot. In the meantime, while she's getting ready, I take out the car from the parking and come inside to change my footwear. I remove the crocs and put on my shoes. As I'm tying my shoelace, I see her feet with my shoes in front of my eyes. I look up at her and ask if she's ready, my voice trailing off. That's when my eyes sparkle. She's wearing my clothes, with her hair on the left side. I love her hair like this.