5: Digging Deeper

You think we're just pretty things
You couldn't be more wrong
Knock us but we keep moving on 
Can't stop a hurricane, ladies it's time to awake
Salute - Little Mix

The communication between the four individuals had cut out shortly after Nat confirmed their suspicions about Angela's disappearance. It had shaken Nat, her shoulders slumping back as she took a deep breath and exhaled, allowing her face to lay parallel with the tent-covered ceiling. A lonesome bead of sweat innocently rolled down her temple. She was hot in her suit but didn't feel like changing. There was too much to get done in such little time. Nat had every intention to help Bucky as much as possible, even if it meant setting aside her original mission. She brought her head back to normal position, her eyes scanning the area around her until she landed on Liz's stilled figure. After the skype call ended she continued searching through the database. Liz had seen the look of brokenness and desperateness in his eyes right before the screen crackled with fuzzy black and white static. In most cases, she wouldn't care. And Liz didn't sugarcoat it either. Her straightforwardness usually didn't fail her when she felt like telling someone her true opinions. At the beginning of this event, Liz hadn't had any intention of including herself with other people and their emotions. She only ever worried about herself in this world of unfair tug-of-war. Her goal was simple; help Nat, find the missing girl, earn her reward. But the look on Bucky's face and the tensity that loomed in the thick, humid air made Liz feel like she was now a part of this mission, whether she was a part of Nat's team or not. It wasn't just Nat that was counting on her now. It was everyone. And it bothered Liz more than anything. She didn't need this; she didn't need unnecessary problems bombarding her already hectic life. Liz had enough to deal with already with her high-end career in London. It was everything she could have dreamed of pursuing, everything that anyone could ever want. Yet...

Nat abruptly cleared her throat, trying to change the uncomfortable shift in atmosphere as Liz peeked at her from over her shoulder.

"Let's start on the blueprints." Liz nodded curtly as she rose to grab her personal laptop, glad that Nat had snapped her out of her deep train of thought. She set her laptop next to Nat's rolled-out sheet of blue paper. Nat placed small rocks on each of the blue paper's four corners to keep it unraveled. The redhead glanced at Liz's screen expectantly as she began fussing around with the database's main controls, locating each security camera of the suspected building and setting up her anti-coding system. Knowing that it would take at least fifteen minutes for all security footage to be accessible, Liz pulled up a satellite view of their suspected building. From the top, it looked like some sort of vacant factory with its tall fume towers protruding from the roof. They began discussing where all doors were located around the building, including fire escapes and large entryways for big vehicles. If there was any wall that included a large door, it meant there was some sort of machinery enclosed inside of it. This being said, it probably wouldn't be the best area for forced entry, especially if they only have a few people on them. For all Liz knew they could only have herself, Nat, Agent Hill, and Director Fury. She wasn't aware of any other military troops lead by S.H.E.I.L.D., but she would just have to hope they had backup in case something happened. 

They looked for windows and areas of ventilation next. If HYDRA decided to regenerate in an old factory, it would give them room and ability to continue their experiments on Angela and even the three missing citizens. Whatever equipment they had that could give the enemy leverage over them meant that it would be hard to defend themselves against it. And from what Liz had read about Angela, it would be most difficult to go against a superhuman like her. She was skilled in hacking technology and hand to hand combat. It's not like she could defuse the superhuman's battery; she wasn't a robot.