Chapter 1

I was casually watching PewDiePie playing Subnautica and I had an idea - what if I wrote about it on Wattpad. 

Not very smart, trust me, I know. I originally was going to make this an X Reader but, uh, here we are.

I haven't exactly finished Subnautica. Hell, when I tried going to the purple-ish area where those snake creatures are I either bail out at the entrance or, uh, die. 

So yeah. The first few chapters will be from my experience, then I'll use YouTubers. 

Uhhhhh. Yeah. Hehe...

Onto this mistake of a book.

---

   You rush into a life pod, trying to escape the inevitable crash of the Aurora. You didn't know what, or how something struck the ship. But something did.

   Sitting down into the gray seat, you raise your hand to the control panel on the right, tapping a single button and a lap bar constraints you to the seat.

   A launch countdown resounds around the small pod as you inhale and exhale, leaning back. Feeling a falling sensation, you look up and through a small porthole on the roof, catching a glimpse of the Aurora - until a bright, red light flashes and a loud booming noise shakes the life pod.

   The lights flicker slightly, and your gaze adverts to a fire extinguisher that unmounted itself. A red light flashes as a panel tears away from the wall, exposing wires and sparks that are flying everywhere.

   The panel flies around the compartment, crashing against the walls, the metal ladder in the middle of the room, and the seat in front of you. As you quickly inhale, the plate comes flying towards your head, rendering you unconscious. 

   As your eyes slowly open, head lolled to the side, an unbearable heat licks at the side of your face. Your eyes shooting open, you can see that there's a fire spreading, rising into the air to your left.

   Hand flying towards the control panel, you tap the release button multiple times ... to no result. Panicked, you ball your fist and slam it down onto the console. Finally, the chair releases you from its hold.

   Raising your leg to take a step forwards, you collapse onto your knees in a coughing fit, lifting your head and sucking in the air, smoke piles into your lungs.

   Wincing at your mistake, you lower your head instead, rushing over to the fire extinguisher. Picking it up, you spray the flames with the chemicals and putting out the ombre blaze.

   Taking a deep breath, you fall back into the seat. Realizing you have a PDA, you take it out.

   The screen is blank, just a normal tinted glass sheet. Tapping it a few times, a light pops up, and a yellow strip reading, 'BOOTING IN EMERGENCY MODE' fades in and out on the piece of technology. 

   The PDA finishes loading, doing the jingle one more time and then it finally speaks;

"You have suffered minor head trauma. This is considered an optimal outcome."

   You sigh, rubbing your head with one hand, while the other shakily holds the screen.

"This PDA has now rebooted in emergency mode with one directive: to keep you alive on an alien world."

"Please refer to the databank for detailed survival advice. Good luck."

   Putting the PDA away as it shuts off, you walk over to the ladder. Climbing up it, you see a creature that looks like Pidgeon. Opening the hatch, it flies away, only to come back and inspect you. 

   Reaching your hand out to it, you wave it back and forth, wishing the creatures away.

   As the smell of a soft sea breeze laced with a faint toxic waft caresses your face, you turn your head to you see what ... remained of your ship. 

   There, bobbing in the distance is the Aurora, on fire and severely damaged.

   You wonder how many lives were lost.

   Turning around, your PDA speaks. "The Aurora suffered orbital hull failure. Cause: unknown. Zero human life signs detected."  "That explains that question." you sigh, looking into the blue unknown.

   In the distance, there's a soft glow of green.

   Readying yourself, you go and dive in, looking at the expanse ecosystem. Fish of unknown origin swim by your eyes.

   One slowly swims by your side, reaching out, you grab a hold of it. "The fabricator cooks small organisms while disposing of the skeletal structure, bodily fluids, and internal organs, thus rendering them safe for human consumption."  the PDA would gurgle, startling you and causing you to let go of the animal.

   You slowly start to lose breath as the PDA continues, "Oxygen." furrowing your brows in annoyance, you swim faster upwards.

   Emerging from the water, you gulp in greedy breaths of air, slowly paddling your feet towards a shallower area. 

   You take a seat on soft sand, water up to your waist. Moving so that you're on your stomach, you emerge your head, looking into the vast ocean. While looking, you also search for potentially valuable recourses. 

   Looking around, you see a dark seaweed-filled area. Digging your feet into the gritty substance, you take off, swimming towards the unknown environment.

   This will be a while until your rescue, might as well make it fun, right?

Words: 874

   Okay, I know this is shit but yeah, haha.

   I started this at approximately 4:35 PM on March 24th.

   I finished this chapter at 12:40 AM, March 25th.

   Also, my birthday is in 3 days. c: