Chapter 48

"Ooh, that one is nice!" The ladies awed as Sophie walked out of the dressing room in one of the potential wedding dresses. Edaline, Linh, Della, and Biana were present but Sophie couldn't help but look at the empty chair and imagine Eden sitting there as well. She had to have tried on a dozen dresses by then but still, none of them felt right, she hadn't had much of a choice with the first one since there weren't many dress stores open during a hostile takeover and she had accepted that but now she had free reign over her wedding she wanted everything to be perfect. She had a bit more time to prepare for this wedding which was two days away but it seemed time was speeding up with every second she didn't have a dress.
"I dunno..." she said as she lifted up the huge skirt, she didn't like how much it restricted her movement. "It just doesn't feel right." She said flouncing down in one of the chairs growing more and more annoyed. Della spoke up with a kind smile,
"Well we've been choosing dresses for you to try on but why don't you just look until you find one that you like!" She suggested excitedly, Sophie perked up and looked out at the sea of dresses throughout the store. Hiking up the skirt of her current dress she breezes through the aisles eventually selecting just two for her excursion. Hiding them from the view of her entourage she snuck into the changing room, peeled off the twenty-pound monstrosity and slipped into the first gown, light and flowy it had a lacy A-line bodice, and it didn't hug her waist too much. She stepped out of the dressing room and everyone was dead quiet before erupting into cheers,
"Oh, you look hot!" Linh yelled, grinning as Sophie blushed.
"I agree though I'm not sure you should wear it...". Biana said with a smirk, everyone looked at her incredulously
"I'm sorry but has my daughter gone daft?" Della said eyes wide. But Biana just tossed her hair,
"Oh no! I'm just saying with the way you look in that dress it might come off before the ceremony is even over" she looked around as if checking to see if anyone was listening.
"With Keefe standing so close and all." Sophie's eyes widened and she blushed even deeper as the other ladies erupted into a chorus of laughter.
"You skank!" Sophie yelled and tossed one of the pillows at Biana's face as she stomped back into the dressing room to try on the other gown. Shaking her head she slipped into the other, this one was slightly different in style and one look in the mirror told her... this is it.

"Shoes, shoes, shoes," Biana mumbled as she searched through the aisles,
"Shoes really tie the dress together." She coached as all the girls rummaged through the shelves. Della butted in Biana's coaching as she victoriously held up a bedazzled silver pump,
"This is the color we need ladies, it will match Sophie's ring perfectly!" They had all gathered around and inspected the ring, trying to find shoes that matched the shade perfectly though Sophie really didn't understand why you couldn't even really see her shoes under the dress. Her protesting had earned her horrified looks from Biana, Della and Linh though Edaline though she would look good in anything. Eventually, Sophie had vetoed stilettos and platform heels for obvious reasons, it was winding up to just be wedges as the only contestant left but Linh had tentatively approached with a pair Sophie absolutely adored. They were the correct color of silver and had a small heel but Sophie didn't really mind because they were gladiator style! Lacing up to her ankle a bit like the Roman warriors she had seen in history books and movies. At the same store, she selected jewelry on one ear she had a simple diamond stud while the other was the same stud with a cuff and chain wrapping around the top of her ear. She had vetoed a tiara but allowed Biana to pick out a necklace, luckily she had chosen something with a simple chain and three tiny diamonds that branched out like a flower though it was a backdrop style.

Completely run down from shopping they returned home, where Sophie was required to put on a fashion show with all of the things they had bought that day. Oh the things she did for her friends.

Keefe POV

"I don't know... I mean this one looks ok." Keefe said, holding up two different dress shirts. The other guys being Dex, Tam and Fitz all just nodded absentmindedly as they flipped through the magazines.
"I think I'm going to go with this one." Keefe decided looking his choice up and down. Tam nodded as if he was paying attention.
"Yeah do it." He said his eyes still glued to the page.
"Ugh...... ok let's see what else do I need?... oh yeah shoes!" Keefe rifled through a bin of shoes before wrangling out a matching pair in his size.
"Do these go with the shirt?" He asked, Fitz at least had the grace to look up before telling him yes. "Cool I'll get them and I think that is everything." He said picking up his stuff.
"And I managed to get it all at the same store! I wonder how the girls did?" He said as he paid.
"Eh, it was probably just as easy." He said shrugging it off.
"I'm getting married!" He said happily to the worker who gave him a look.
"Keefe you're in a store that literally only sells wedding attire, I think he knows you're getting married," Dex said exasperated, still only half paying attention.
"Yeah do you know what tomorrow is?" Keefe asked with a sidelong look, they seemed to know because they immediately perked up and shot grins at each other.
"Bachelor party!"