Freezing

He remembered fearing Itachi wouldn't answer the phone, his entire body numb as his mind was mentally from the cold rain falling down. Hearing his brother's voice – he felt some kind of relief rushing through his body. He looked down at the blurred map, his eyes hazily taking in the street names at the corner he was at. The rain continued pouring down, but he muttered the names of those streets, although he wasn't sure he was right.

"Wait. Are you saying you're right outside of my apartment?"

"Possibly."

"I'm coming to the front door. Please. Follow my instructions carefully."

Itachi gave him careful instructions which included looking around for specific landmarks. He didn't have far to walk, leaving his motorcycle parked where he first called his younger brother, his mind still unsure of whether he was doing the right thing or not. He didn't have to go far, but found himself looking right at the front door of one apartment building, in particular, wondering what he should do next.

"I'll be right there."

His eyes blinked, watching the door open up. He saw Itachi standing there, older obviously than what he last remembered. He waved his hand, motioning for Sebastian to step into the entrance. When he did, he felt Itachi motion for him to follow, leading him towards the elevator, Neither one of them said anything, the entire situation feeling majorly awkward, not to mention...

Itachi was being nice, which felt strange.

Very strange.

The arrived at a specific floor and he found himself glancing around while Itachi stepped off. His younger brother stopped, looking back at him, giving him a rather strange look, before motioning again for him to follow. They arrived in front of a door Itachi opened, stepping inside and removing his shoes. Sebastian followed suit, stopping down so he might remove his boots when he found himself hit by a dizzy spell.

Briefly, he heard Itachi call out to him, everything blurring as he sat down on the step inside of the apartment, attempting to regain his bearings, the keys to his motorcycle and his phone dropping onto the ground next to him. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched Itachi stoop down, picking up the keys, tucking them into his pocket. He looked at Sebastian's boots, frowning as he did so.

"You're not going to take off your shoes?"

"Not staying."

"Yeah. You are." Itachi watched Sebastian as if waiting for him to move. "Take off those boots of yours."

Sebastian responded by reaching out to untie the laces on his boots, only to find himself struggling with grasping onto the laces. In the back of his mind, he kept telling himself this was because he was hesitant in making himself welcome in a place he wasn't actually welcome, and not because his fingers were too cold to properly grasp the shoelaces. Itachi finally let out a curse, untying the shoelaces, tugging the boots off and setting them next to his own shoes.

Except, Itachi slipped his shoes back on. "Look. I'll be right back. You'd better make yourself comfortable by the time I get back." He poked Sebastian in the head. "Got it?"

"Yes." The door to the apartment opened and closed, leaving Sebastian sitting there. After a small amount of time, he stood up, heading out of the entrance area of Itachi's apartment, taking in everything. In the back of his mind, he knew his younger brother's apartment was likely outside anything he could personally afford, which in turn made the guilt building in the back of his mind for coming.

"You're not wanted."

After all, he was the major loser who never finished college like everyone expected, not to mention he struggled with finding work as a freelance computer programmer who was self-taught. He sat down on the couch in the main area of Itachi's apartment, contemplating how much of a leech off everyone in his life was, or so he thought. His entire body felt as numb as his mind, his head dropping down when he heard the front door open.

He heard Itachi step into his own apartment, setting the keys for his motorcycle down onto the kitchen counter a few minutes later. "So, I hope you don't mind, but I relocated your motorcycle into the parking garage for the apartment. That way it's out of the rain but doesn't risk getting stolen. Honestly, you're the last person I'd ever expect to have a motorcycle."

Sebastian didn't respond, his head remaining low in his hands while he attempted contemplating what he should say or do yet found himself feeling just as lost as when he left Stardew.

"I see my couch has gotten majorly soaked while I was gone."

"Sorry."

"That..." Itachi let out a sigh. "I wasn't looking for an apology, Yuishoru."

"Sebastian."

"We'll discuss that later."

"Sorry."

"I told you. I wasn't looking for an apology. Actually, I should be the one to apologize for making you feel like you need to apologize."

"Why?"

"Why?" Itachi took a deep breath. "Look. I'm concerned that you're sitting there soaking wet, not to mention freezing to death, meaning we need to get you out of those clothes."

Sebastian found himself staring at Itachi, his mind confused.

"I get it. You don't have any dry clothes to change into, but I can take care of that. We need to get you out of those wet cloths, but I need to call the family doctor."

"No." Sebastian swallowed. Contacting the family doctor meant their father finding out he was there, yet he'd not talked with the man in a long time.

"You have hypothermia."

"No." He wasn't shivering, after all.

"Yes, you do."

"Not cold. Not shivering." Sebastian flinched as Itachi reached out and touched his cheek with the back of his hand.

"Yeah. You're freezing. And are shivering despite the fact you don't think you are. I'm calling..."

"Please. Don't." One of Sebastian's hands reached out for Itachi's sleeve. He watched his brother look down, surprised regarding his actions. He then looked Sebastian in the eye, hesitating as he did so.

"Why? Why do you want me to not call?"

"Dad."

Note - The names Sebastian and Yuishoru are from different languages, but mean the same thing. Most Japanese people also don't have middle names.