Nine

"Lou,"

"Lou, babe."

Louis feels a hand stroking over his cheek, hot breath fanning over his face as he slowly stirs awake. His eyes flutter open, only to see Harry's bright eyes looking into his, his face outlined by darkness.

"Something wrong?" Louis says hoarsely, voice scratchy from sleep.

"No, well- I don't think so. I just," Harry smiles, "I didn't want to wait 'till morning to ask."

Louis tilts his head, hair falling into his eyes as he squints up at Harry. A yawn escaping his lips, "Ask what?"

Harry breathes in, "Do you wanna move in? Like, officially?"

The calm feeling of intensity rushes through Louis in large amounts. He thinks he should be slightly less okay with 'officially' moving in with Harry, but he is more okay than ever. That is the thing about them, the trust they have in each other runs deeper than the amount of time they have known one another. The thing is, Louis already has a key to the place, all of his stuff is here besides his bed and dresser. He has his family pictures hanging on the walls right beside Harry's, and his shoes scatter the living-room and Harry's are always neatly set by the door. But the fact Harry is still inviting him, still giving him the offer, it makes Louis' heart tumble. And the fact that Louis isn't scared one bit about it, and this, it just speaks volumes.

"I know it's kinda small, and like, pink, but we can redecorate if that's what you want an-"

He is cut off by Louis' lips pressing against his own, and he smiles into the kiss.

"To be honest," Louis murmurs against Harry's cheek, pressing a small kiss there too, "I thought I was already living here."

Harry laughs ridiculously, and his smile is so big it reaches Louis' heart.)