Our Mission

12/07/2009

The silence stood out at that time in the iwatodai dorm, giving it an unexpected calm environment for its guests, who usually at that moment would be preparing for their next mission.

This time it was not the case. Contrary to what would be expected, everyone was in their rooms, distanced and focusing on their stuff, after all, they were still students ... right?

In the middle of one of the dark bedrooms, which only light was coming from a little lamp, Yukari was taking notes in her study book. Just a few days before the final test of the school year, that she's going to take as a second year. Not too much days ago the girl was excited to be prepare, expecting to give her all on it and get the best score possible. Show to herself how much she improved.

Touching her forehead with the pencil eraser, the short haired young sighed, leaning her neck on the chair as she look at the ceiling "What am i doing?..." murmured to herself forcing indifference, in facr, she didn't knew what to express. Without notice, Yukari was reading the same history sentence for hours, as her mind was lost in the real problem...

"Nyx is the mother of Shadows. In ancient times. She bestowed Death to this world. If she is awakened, darkness will once again cover the land, and life will vanish"

"The end... of the world. The Fall..." she remembered releasing other sigh, stretching her legs, ankles and toes of her barefoot, in an attempt of distract her mind. What previously seemed a simple urge to search for Aegis, ended in a tense and painful revelation ...

The Fall was coming...

"What am i doing?" repeated to herself, accidentally dropping her pencil, which fell to the floor. But she didn't flinch at it. How could it end like this?

Yukari for her part, finally discovered the truth about her father whose mystery had tormented her soul for years, recognizing that the accident was partly his fault, but believing each of his words from the video that Fuuka gave him, he made the right thing. Reflexively, she looked askance at the aforementioned tape, it was on the table next to her bed, she had not played it since then, and perhaps she preferred not to do it at the moment, it was not time to immerse herself in those memories.

"..."

A faint smile formed on her face "Father ... what can I do? They are all scared and depressed ... they lost the desire to continue fighting" said crestfallen. The truth was that she did too, but she did not want to give up yet, not after having promised her father that she would do everything possible to make the Dark Hour disappear. Maintaining her firmness even in these moments ... not knowing how long she could keep her from continuing things like this.

The rest from S.E.E.S unlike her, they lost hope

"Guys..."

Junpei disappears into the streets until late at night, Akihiko looks and turns away from who approached him. Fuuka cut conversations and concentrated on her computer. Mitsuru was always looking for a way to keep herself busy. Ken locked himself in his room next to Koromaru, who wanted to cheer him up. And...

"Makoto..."

The blue haired guy it was who worst reacted to Ryoji's warning, all this time he had unwittingly kept death sealed inside him, granting him more strength for each Great Shadow the team defeated on a full moon, and Tartarus' guardians. So much was his shock that after leaving Aegis in maintenance, he went directly to his room without saying another word that day...

...

"Makoto..."

There was no response from him.