Chapter 5

King

"While you're so busy trying to leave the only family you got, you need to question why that bitch was laid up fucking your Grandpa! That baby she's pregnant with might be your uncle mother fucker."

Mama's words stung hearing them when I left the house earlier, but it's like they were burning a hole through my heart as I sat outside of Hennessy's house. As soon as I left Mama's house, I drove over to Hennessy's at top speed because I just needed answers. I know Mama's usually a liar, but I just needed to hear the truth from Hennessy's mouth. I wanted to know if there was any truth to Mama's comments about her.

I mean, I hope she wasn't fucking my Grandpa but bitches will do anything for a nigga with money. And as bad as I've treated Hennessy over the years, it's no telling what she could've done to get back at me to hurt me as much as I've hurt her. The thing I just can't wrap my mind around is Hennessy fucking my Grandpa. She's a lot of things, but she's not cut like that. She wouldn't hurt me. 

Or would she?

"Fuck," I groaned, hitting my steering wheel.

Mama's stupid ass comments had me overthinking and questioning a girl that wouldn't double cross me. I know Hennessy's in love with me. She's been in love with me for years, despite me not always showing her how much I care for her. She wouldn't do anything behind my back.

But would she get up in Mama's face the way she claimed she did? I didn't want to believe that either, but I know how bad Hennessy's attitude can be when somebody's coming at her crazy, but I know Mama can be a son of a gun too when she's provoked. Hell, shit, she can be a bitch even when she isn't provoked. All I know is, if Hennessy got up in Mama's face, she was defending herself. That would be the only explanation for it, because the Hennessy I know, wouldn't disrespect my family the way Mama's saying she did. It's just out of her character.

My eyes peered towards the front door of Hennessy's house and I watched as she stood there. She leaned against the door frame with her arms folded across her chest and a frown on her face. Damn. Her and Mama must have gotten into it bad if she won't even come over to my car. Usually, Hennessy's already standing at the door waiting on me before I even pull up to her crib.

I waved her over to me, but she shook her head. I sucked my teeth and cut my car off before climbing out. I just knew if she wasn't coming to my car, that she was about to talk my ear off about what her and Mama got into. I had to prepare myself for the worst.

"So you just gon' have your Mama come to my house to try to check me about dating you when I haven't seen yo ass in two weeks! You really sent that crazy broad to my house, like who the fuck does some shit like that? Huh, King?

"Huh," I scrunched up my face. My Mama didn't come to see her because my Mama said Hennessy came to her house looking for me. Why would my Mama come to see Hennessy when I haven't bought her up in months to my Mama because I know how she feels about me even fucking around on her. "My Mama ain't even come over here, so why you lying on her Hennessy?"

Her eyes widened. " Oh, are you sure about that? She fuckin' lied to you then King and, of course, you believed anything she told to you because you believe everything that broad says to you. Why the hell would I go to her house, especially when me and her don't even have a damn relationship? Huh? You ever think about that? I was sitting over here chilling when she had y'all's damn butler drive her ass over here in a fuckin' floor length mink coat, hat and gloves to match. She banged on my door like she was the police or something and as soon as I opened up the door,  she started screaming and yelling at me. If I wasn't a bitch, then I was a hoe that's sleeping with you for your money. And if I wasn't any of that, then I was a fat ass, sloppy ass, gold digging hoe that's defiling your name because I'm sleeping with you. That bit--"