- 1 -

"Now you take the adhesive bandage and tightly secure it around the ankle. Allow a little room for breathing."

Alicia did as told and began wrapping the prosthetic leg.

"Emma, does this look good?" Alicia whispered over her left shoulder to her best friend, Emma.

"How did you get yours to look so good? Mine looks like a third grader's work." Both the girls laughed. The bell soon rang and everyone cleaned up their work areas and began walking out the door.

"Miss Bradley, would you stay a moment?" The teacher called from her desk. Alicia looked at Emma and they exchanged their goodbyes.

"Yes, Mrs Fin?"

"I've noticed how well you are catching on and how advanced you are. I'd like to make a proposition." She scooted her chair back from her desk, looking at Alicia. "I heard you're in the honors society, correct?"

"Yes ma'am."

"And you need service hours?"

Alicia nodded yes.

"Well. Football season is coming up and as you know they need a medical aid on the field for when the players get hurt. Also, someone needs to pass water out to the boys. Look, I know it seems horrible being around a bunch of nasty, smelling teenage boys but you're great at what you do and you've got potential."

Alicia thought for a moment. This could be great practice for her future. Real people and real injuries. But is she really ready for it? Also, boys. So many of them. Who knows how they'll treat her.

"So?" Mrs. Fin looked at her, eagerly waiting for her response.

"I.. I guess?" She shrugged.

"Perfect! I'll contact the head coach and let him know. He's the one who asked for a student of mine. You're the perfect fit!"

"Should I go meet him or something?" She asked, confused.

"No, no. He'll call you tomorrow right before school ends. It's their first practice of the year. Now go along, I know you have homework to do." Mrs. Fin chuckled, waving goodbye.

As Alicia stepped out into the hall she took a deep breath.

"What have I just got myself into?"

~~~

"AHHHH!"

Alicia jumped at her sudden scream. "What!"

"I can't believe you're going to be spending your summer with the FOOTBALL TEAM? CIA, THATS LIKE EVERY TEENAGE GIRL'S DREAM." Emma yelled through the FaceTime call.

"I mean, not everyone's but I guess.." Alicia laughed. "Their first practice is tomorrow. Surely no one will get hurt first day so I'll just be passing waters out."

"You don't know how proud I am of you, Cia! After their practice, call me again and tell me ALL about the hot, shirtless boys. I gotta get to bed, talk to you tomorrow?"

"You know it. 'Night." Alicia hung up the phone and set her alarms for school. She rolled over in her bed, laying on her back. She sighed deeply as she stared at the dark ceiling.

"I didn't think this through, did I? I mean- did Emma really say shirtless boys? I'm not complaining but... Ugh, whatever." She thought right before falling dead asleep.