05

5th April, 2017

It's never easy to be a new kid in school; everyone staring at you, started judging you already, especially for a girl.

So this is BJY High School, you say?

As schools would do on a first day, all the students lined up in the auditorium.

This is the no self-esteem part. You don't know what you need to do and you just have to imitate what the other strangers do.

From a corner you could hear some girls say something about Yeonjun already. 'That new guy from 12th grade' and all those stuff.

And for sure you spotted Yeji and the et ceteras...no, they spotted you, and laughed, Y/N shrugged.

But something's missing...oh, Yuna's not there along with them. She's also supposed to be 9th grade too, right? Same as me. Then she should be here...nah, who cares?

"All the new 9th grade students, line up here"

Oh, that's better; standing with fellow newbies, that's a lot better.

You searched for someone, but you don't know anyone...until Yuna came...

"Y/N"

"Oh, Yuna"

"Is it just me or this whole first day thing is a little weird?"

"No, I was thinking about that too. Where were you? I didn't see you with your friends"

"My friends, you mean, Yeji and...?"

"Yeah, yeah"

"Well...I'm rarely with them, on the preface"

"Why? Aren't they your friends?"

"Um...we can talk about that later. See, we have to go to the lobby, c'mon"

Now this is weird...she's holding hands with me now. Okay, nevermind, she's the only one I know right now. We'll be in different sections and everything will be fine

"Let's see, is this your name, Y/N?" she asked as she pointed on the list on the board.

"Yeah, yeah, that's me"

"Then, um, can you look for mine? Shin Yuna"

"Uh..."

"Where am I? Where am I?"

"Yuna, you're right below me"

"Oh...hehe...I didn't see that.
We'll be in the same section, then"

"Yeah, I guess so"

Haha...Y/N's plan failed.

____________________

Okay, I don't wanna trust her. But she said though that she's often away from the other girls. If that is to be believed, I'm okay with her.

"So, what do you mean you're rarely with your friends?" you asked Yuna in the canteen.

"Well, um...they're not actually my friends. I mean, we've been hanging out a lot but, I don't consider them my friends; neither do they"

"Then with who do you used to feed with?"

"Alone, mostly. We moved here just a year ago and...you know that Choi Beomgyu from 11th?"

"Yeah, so so...I've been introduced to him"

"He's my cousin. And out of Itzy, I'm mostly with him. But he's got other friends too, right? And who would hang out with a brat like me?"

"Well, me. I guess we're friends, then"

"Really? That's great! Cause you know, you seem like an interesting person and I was already thinking before if we could be buddies"

"Thanks, I think. Leaving the contrary, I don't really like them"

"No one does. It's because I'm often with them that others don't interact with me much"

"Then why ya still with them?"

"Bruh, like I have a choice. I feel used, even now. But what am I without them? A loner"

Oh, Yuna, I felt that one.

"And also," she continued, "they like Beomgyu; Ryujin, specifically. And since I'm quite close with him, they often used to...yeah, you get it. But for a whole year I've been deceiving them...now he will never like her," she laughed.

"I see"

"So, have you met Taehyun?"

"Not really. Maybe Yeonjun has but I haven't"

"Well, that I was about to ask you, how did you know Yeonjun?"

"Well, um...our parents were friends. So, we were friends, as far as I can recall"

"My God! Yeji would be so...um, well"

"Yeah, I know. But he's just a friend"

"Nah, that's not possible. One of you must have liked the other, atleast once"

"No, you're totally wrong. That never happened"

"Well, there are some possibilities though, right?"

"Naww..."

"I think you like him"

"No, I don't"

"Not even a..."

"Okay! Okay, I LIKED HIM"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, I liked him...a few months before we arrived"

"Wow. And you still like him?"

"Yes, yes, yes. Can we stop this convo now?"

I admit it. I still like him, and I hate myself for it

"Well I like Jinyoung"

"Jinyoung who?"

"Bae Jinyoung! The Principal's son"

"Oh, I guess the school's named after him?"

"Yup, golden son, he is"

"Is he single?"

"Uh...yeah"

"So..."

"No, Y/N"

"The school's prettiest girl likes him. He oughta know"

"No, never. Never in a million billions"

"What? You said he's single. Hah"

"What do you think will happen if seniors find out? He's the luckiest guy in school"

"Well, it's not other seniors that I'm talking about. I'm talking about Bae Jinyoung"

"No, Y/N, forget it. I'm not good at boyfriend stuff. I'm perfectly happy how things are going now"

"Haha, yeah you're right. It's your life"

And the chat went on for the whole day.
She wasn't bad, really good in fact, no company of hers to feel nauseous about. It wouldn't be a harm to keep hopes high about her. A great start, actually.

___________________