The party

My name is Giada, Giada Gianni and never in my life had I asked to be famous.
I am Italian but for my father's work my whole family had to move to Montecarlo when I was very young.
So for me, language was never a big deal, not even when I met the biggest obstacle of my life: Charles Leclerc.
You see, when Charles and I met, neither of us thought that he would end up being loved by half the world, neither of us thought he was gonna drive a Ferrari and dust a four-time world champion, and neither of us thought our story could be endangered by a pair of fawn eyes.

In fact, our story begins long before all this our story begins five years ago.

Monaco, Montecarlo - 17.06.2014

"Lea, I don't think it's a good idea to go."

That night there would be the birthday of one of our friends, Nicolas, and we knew that he would introduce us to a lot of people, or so he said.

"Giada, shut up and take a shower, you know I take a really long time!"

She threw me the pillow of the bed, while our phones rang together and made us understand that the notification was from a group.
Lea had always been a beautiful girl, long dark and straight hair framed her face as a good girl even if she was not so good.

"Oh-oh."

Said Lea, I didn't feel like taking the phone out of charge, I was obsessed with the idea that it wasn't at full charge so I preferred it to stay in its place.
That sound made me lift my eyes and I finally decided to get out of bed, going to grab the underwear and then opened the wardrobe.

"Let me guess, is Bastien coming to the party?"

I then asked her, making fun on her crush of the moment before laughing at her extreme pallor.
Bastien was a boy from Monaco, Nicolas' friends who had not confirmed to be there until the last.
This was his way of doing snobs that I had never endured, also because all the girls (including Lea) died behind us and I didn't really understand why.

"Typical of Bastien."

She said as she fell on my bed, with dreamy eyes and her cell phone in her chest.

"I'd rather slap him than let him come to the party."

I snorted still twirling my eyes, pulling out a fully polished onesie, it was Lea's favorite and I knew she'd approve of that choice.
After a quick shower I showed up in the room already with the dress, it was still an hour but I'm already wearing my dress. While Lea was taking a shower, I started trying to make curls with the iron and Perfortuna I had my mom, so she could help me. I passed the hairspray trying not to wear so much and then I put on makeup, I wasn't a fan of the heavy makeup I tried to put on a brown eye shadow, not too dark, fading as much as possible, I passed the simple eyeliner and finally framed my eyes with the help of mascara.
On my lips I decided to keep myself natural, but Lea had a different plan.

"Oh no miss Gianni, you are gonna wear red lipstick. Come on, I bet you'll charm some guy at the party."

I let her do it, wearing lipstick, it was just a party, right?
I doubted about meeting someone, I used to go unnoticed and deep down I liked it. No guy and no delirium or insecurity from relationship.
Finally I put on my black heel shoes, took the bag and was ready to go.
My father bring us to the largest villa in all of Monaco and we discovered that the party was held in the garden, all the decorations and the large dj set made it clear, at least.

" Is Suzy waiting inside?"

Suzy was the third member of our little group, we never gave each other a name I always thought was stupid, but the three of us have always been tied since day 0.

"Oui, he also has the gift."
I replied.

{Oui means yes in french. }

"Perfect."

Have you ever seen two 17-year-olds in heels in the middle of a gravel?
It's a horrible show, fortunately there was no one to watch us on our bad show and we quickly passed that tremendous obstacle.

" Finally girls, they almost all arrived!"

Suzy was really beautiful.
Given her darker complexion because of her Egyptian nationality, she had chosen a pearl pink dress but still modern and looked really great.

" It took Lea forever to dry her hair!!"

I answered laughing, giving Suzy a hug right at the entrance.

" Excuse us, ladies, we'll pass in a second."

A group of guys passed by right then, probably one of the three was Bastien to see Lea's face.
But my gaze was captured by a blue pair of eyes, he did not speak so much he hinted an embarrassed smile and walked down the hall to the garden.
The evening went well, although as usual I found myself alone, Lea had a chance to talk to Bastien and Suzy to Maxime, it felt right to back off.

"Did they leave you alone?"

Asked a voice behind my back.
I turned quickly, he was just the same guy and now that I could see him better he was quite tall, slim build and in that blue suit he looked really good.
Held two glasses of white wine, too bad I was teetotal.

" Yes."

I smiled embarrassed with my hands on my arms, the cold was starting to get the best dress, and I cursed me mentally for not bringing the jacket.

" They left me alone too, may I?"

He asked, pointing to the bench where I was sitting and nodded while he handed me one of the goblets in his hand, I let him sit with one of the blonde strands behind my ear, smiling shy.

" I don't like wine, sorry."

I tried to smile politely, I was almost sorry to disappoint him, his face looked like the face of a good boy and was even more beautiful up close.

".. But I can only try one drop."

I immediately tried to repair and I saw the smile immediately.
Needless to say, my heart lost a beat.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Charles."

He said, extending his hand with a dazzling smile, almost brighter than the lights of that party.

" Giada."

I answered with confidence, shaking his hand as I smiled at him in the same way.

Read me!
Hello everyone! I apologize if it is not perfect but this is the first time I try to translate something into English. Please inform me of any errors!

-Lau!