chapter 09

EUNKYUNG

as i kept on watching, wonwoo and jihye started to fight. i kept covering myself so that i wouldn't get involved.

after a few minutes, i noticed that hyena was eavesdropping. i furrowed my eyebrows and i was so confused.

what is hyena doing here? i blinked my eyes a few times to make sure that i wasn't hallucinating or something.

i'm seeing the right thing. after that, hyena came into the scene and i leaned closer, listening closer. she acts so nice towards jihye.

i don't know if she's faking it or not. i looked down. should i confront her about it the next day? or maybe not?

jihye left wonwoo alone. wonwoo was of course, frustrated. he rode the car and slammed the door. i was shocked, i've never seen wonwoo so mad.

"a-are you okay?" i hesitated to ask but he took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "i couldn't believe this. i can feel it, joshua is trying to steal jihye from me. my own friend."

"o-oh... you know, wonwoo... you should just give jihye some space, i guess. she needs time to heal herself and forget about it." i sighed.

"i'm really sorry, wonwoo-" he opened his eyes and held both of my hands. i jolted from surprise and he rubbed his thumb on my hands.

"i already told you, it's my fault. don't be sorry. your hands are getting cold i need to get you home. i'm sorry for this mess." i gave him a smile.

"don't be." he replies with his charming smile as i melt inside. but sadly, i can't keep this moment forever.

he let go of my hands and drove me home.

-

when i got into my room, i opened my phone and texted hyena.

why are you in jihye's front door a while ago? | backspace

she would probably think that how did i know.

i opened my conversation with jihye and tried to apologize.

i'm sorry for the thing in the library. i hope you forgive me.
seen

in my surprise, she's actually typing back. but it was suddenly gone. i sighed.

well, at least i apologized.

-

the next day, i was sitting in my chair reviewing for our quiz later and i saw jihye walk past wonwoo.

normally, they would sit together, but today, jihye decided to sit alone. hyena was beside me who still makes me curious about yesterday.

"isn't it weird?" hyena whispered lowly. i creased my eyebrows, "what's weird?" i asked.

"why is jihye not sitting beside wonwoo? are they still in bad terms?" i just looked at her.

don't act like you don't know, hyena.

i looked back at my book, "i don't know. i hope they will. i apologized last night." hyena sat back and typed in her phone while i was focused on my book.

minutes after, every students' phone started to get notifications. i checked my phone and it was from the freedom wall.

i heard gasps and jihye was looking at miyeon's phone with confusion. in my curiosity, i immediately checked the page and saw the post:

SEOUL HS FREEDOM WALL
posted a minute ago

just spill anything juicy for fun!

ugh,, minghao! notice me ~ i love you :<<
- anonymous

i bought a matching bracelet for me & my bf;;; does that make him my soulmate hshshs
- anonymous

umm, this girl from section 3 had plastic surgery 😐
- anonymous

OMG GUYS???? I JUST SAW JOSHUA AND WONWOO FIGHTING OVER JIHYE HAHSJSJDHSH,,, honestly jihye is a slut ngl 🤭
- anonymous

the last comment was very mean. i looked at jihye and she was speechless. plus, who would know this? unless, they knew what happened.

i looked over at hyena and she was smiling looking at the last comment of the post.

-

HELLOOOOO¿?

guysss,, please do make sure that you're safe & don't go out !! please take care of your health, wear facemasks, social distancing is a must !! and wash your hands frequently ♡
let's hope that this will come to an end and don't forget to remind your friends and family to be safe at all times!
lots of love,
nikki

jihye's pov — seventiiinnn