my prom is wherever you are

it was that time of the year. the much awaited East High prom, one of the most exciting events of the school year. nominations for prom king and queen were on-going, fundraisers were held, and of course, promposals were happening everywhere, in the cafeteria, the school hall and even during class hours. Everyone was happy and ecstatic, except for one person, Ricky.

Initially, he and Nini were supposed to go together, but she had to cancel on him last minute because she had her mid-terms scheduled earlier than expected.

Nini decided to accept the offer at the Youth Actors Conservatory. As soon as Ricky found out about this, he was so happy for her. Ricky really insisted for her to go because he knows it's her dream and he cannot stop her on that.

"hey, what's wrong?" Big Red asked as soon as Ricky sat down at the lunch table. Kourtney, Ashlyn, Carlos and Seb were there as well. After their production of High School Musical, all the theatre kids have gotten really close and decided to have lunch together everyday from now on.

"Nini can't come to prom this weekend because her mid-terms were rescheduled to an earlier date. Ugh, long distance was harder than I thought." Ricky exclaims in a sad tone.

"oh, I'm really sorry, Ricky, ju-" Ashlyn could not finish her sentence because she was cut by an angry Gina banging her books on the table.

"You don't seem too happy." Kourtney said.

"Yeah! No kidding!" Gina said in a really angry tone.

"Ok what's going on?" Seb asks.

"It's just, EJ hasn't asked me to prom yet and it's happening this weekend!" Gina explains.

After, the whole EJ buying a plane ticket for Gina thing during opening night, the two have been inseparable since. They have been texting and calling every night, until finally, EJ asked her out.

"Maybe he's really busy, I mean senior class president with a 4.3 GPA and co-captain of the water polo team? He got skills." Carlos says.

Gina just rolls her eyes and starts eating her food, until they hear a familiar voice shouting in the background and they all turn around.

"Hey East High!" EJ announces and suddenly the whole cafeteria was quiet.

"I would like to take this opportunity to ask my beautiful girlfriend to prom!" The whole cafeteria started mumbling due to excitement.

"So, Gina Porter, would you please be my date to prom?" EJ exclaims, walking towards her, carrying a bouquet of sunflowers.

"hell yes, of course!" Gina shouts with excitement, and EJ hugs and spins her around. The whole cafeteria was cheering. They immediately sat down at their table.

"Now all of you guys have dates to the prom." Ricky says. It was Carlos and Seb, then Big Red and Ashlyn, Kourtney and some senior jock, who is also EJ's friend, then now Gina and EJ.

"I think you should do something special for her, facetime her during prom or something." EJ suggests. Ricky's face suddenly lights up and an idea pops into his brain.

*****

As soon as Ricky gets home, he tells his dad about the plan.

"hey dad, heads up I won't go to prom this weekend." Ricky says.

"Why not? I thought Nini was coming with you?" Mike asks.

"about that, she had to cancel last minute because her mid-terms were rescheduled, so I'm planning to surprise her and bring prom to her. Is it ok if I drive to Denver this weekend?" Ricky says in a joyful tone.

"wow, that's amazing! no problem, son. When are you planning to leave?" Mike asks.

"Friday noon. Classes are going to end early since everyone is preparing for prom."

"ok! Stay safe and call me if there's an emergency." Mike says.

"Thanks dad!" Ricky says, hugging him.

*****

After at least 10 hours of driving, he finally arrived in Denver. He called his dad first saying that he has arrived in the hotel. Ricky then plans out his "prom night" with Nini. He was planning to visit her in the morning, make her choose what they would would do the whole morning and afternoon, then at the end of the day, he would take her out to a fancy dinner.

It was finally Saturday morning and Nini was devastated. She really wanted to fly back to Salt Lake and have the best night with her boyfriend. She got up from bed and ran to the bathroom to freshen up. She hears a knock on the door, assuming it was her roommate because she was out the whole night last night.

"Surprise!" Ricky exclaims.

"Oh my god! Ricky!" Nini shouts and immediately hugs him. "how-why-wha-?"

"well since you have mid-terms to study for, I decided to bring prom here, because my prom is wherever you are. I love you, Nins." Ricky says and kisses her lips.

"Ricky, I love you too."

hi lmao i got inspired by hsm 3 to write this haha also sorry if the writing is kinda bad, i wrote this at 2am wow amazing ! anyways, hope you enjoyed :>