i think, i kinda, you know

ricky was full of mixed emotions. anger. hurt. sadness. he really can't explain it but all he wanted to say was that he couldn't stand seeing nini with ej for another second. he thought of different ways to try and win his girlfriend back.

after miss jenn announced that there would be auditions for an upcoming east high production of high school musical, he thought of the perfect plan and that was to audition for the musical and get the role of troy because he knew that nini would definitely get the role of gabriella. it was a way for them to be closer again.

he told big red about his plan. at first he was concerned because first, he knew that ricky hated musicals and has never seen a musical his whole life, except for what east high did last year when nini played a tree. second, he has never seen high school musical. how the hell would he pull it off?

he watched the movie a million times, trying to familiarize himself with the songs and even the dances. he stayed up all night. he would risk everything just to get nini back.

somehow, none of the songs clicked for him. he wanted nini to realize during the auditions that he wants her back. after all, he loved her since the seventh grade.

ricky was scrolling through his phone, he still kept the pictures he had with nini when they were still friends until they were officially boyfriend and girlfriend, then he saw a video. it was a video of nini singing "i think, i kinda you know." luckily, he was able to screen record it before nini archived it out of her instagram feed. it was the exact same video she showed him in her bedroom when she said i love you and he didn't feel comfortable saying it, because of the situation between his parents.

he listened to it over and over again until he was able to write a second verse to nini's song.

*****

it was the day of the audition. he was nervous as hell so he watched the movie one last time in the computer lab. unfortunately, ricky kinda caused some damages with the computer he used that made him late to the audition.

when he came in the auditorium, he grabbed everyone's attention. since the auditions for troy were done, miss jenn insisted he would read lines for chad. he grabbed the script, went on stage and read lines. he suddenly crumpled the script and instead said different things which clearly was meant for nini.

when it was time to sing, big red took out his
guitar. as soon as he strummed his guitar, nini realized that he was singing the song she wrote for him but he added a twist to it. everyone seemed to love it. she had to admit, she was falling back in love with him again, until he reached the "i don't not love you" part. she immediately rolled her eyes.

after the auditions, everyone was shocked that miss jenn posted the cast list already. but everyone was even more shocked about the results. ricky got troy, nini got gabriella, ej got chad while gina got taylor.

you gotta say ricky was relieved that his plan actually worked. now he would have to go through months of tiring rehearsals, but he knew that it would be all worth it since nini would always be by his side.

buckle up wildcats, shit's about to get real.

note: i know it's trashy and i missed some parts sorry about that. i'm just a bit lazy to write those parts. i saw a tweet about ricky listening to itikyk so many times so he could write another verse so i tried making a short one shot about it. hope you still enjoyed ! :>