no matter what (1)

nini had been feeling sick lately. she thought it was some kind of weird flu, so she called kourtney about it. she even told her that she had missed her period for the month.  her best friend came into her small apartment, holding a pink box.

"kourtney, what's inside the box?" nini asks.

"when you called me about your "weird flu", i thought about it and i suggest you take this." kourtney replies, handing her a pregnancy test.

at first nini hesitated but she was so curious about her sickness, so she tried it out. "but-i- fine ok!"

about 15 minutes has passed, nini took the test. she immediately came out of the bathroom, tearing up. "no, no, no it can't be. i can't have a baby. i'm still 19, kourt, 19! i still have other plans for my future and having a baby was not part of the plan yet."

kourtney got up and hugged her tightly. she led her to the bed so she could sit and relax, as this is big news for her to handle.

they both sat in silence, kourtney tried to make her feel better. "sorry to bring this up nins but who's the father though?"

nini looked up to her best friend, her voice breaking. "uhm, i don't know."

"i think it's best to take a paternity test." kourtney suggests.

before all of this pregnancy fiasco, nini was in a serious relationship with colin. they briefly met during their freshman year of college, after she and ricky broke up. they have been together since. during their sophomore year, they went to a party thrown by a friend. the couple got drunk and immediately got carried away.

a week after the party, she and colin called it quits after she found out he was having an affair with another girl. nini was heartbroken. it felt so agonizing and she couldn't stop crying. with that, she found herself standing on ricky's doorstep. despite the breakup, he still cared for her. he never stoped loving her after all.

as soon as ricky saw her crying, he let her in and pulled her into a tight hug. nini cried into his hoodie. ricky was trying to make her feel better by talking to her. after, nini pulled him for a kiss and he kissed back. the kiss started to deepen and as you know it, they did something they thought they would never do.

nini followed kourtney's advice and took a paternity test. she got the results after 2 weeks. as soon as she opened the envelope, she teared up.

she immediately went to ricky's apartment and said the news.

"ricky, i need to talk to you." nini said, her voice breaking.

ricky was confused. "ok, what is it?"

"i'm pregnant." ricky's eyes started to widen, his heart beating fast.

"it's colin's. i didn't want you to find out through someone else so you won't suspect." nini adds, making ricky give a sad look. "oh, thanks for telling me though."

nini walks up to him and she interlocks her fingers with his, "a part of me wanted it to be yours." she kissed him on the cheek, then left his apartment, tears running down her face.

when she told colin, he wasn't too happy about the news and insisted that he wanted nothing to do with the baby. colin left her alone crying until ricky saw her and immediately went up to comfort her.

"come on, i'll take you home." ricky insisted.

when they arrived at nini's apartment, she told ricky everything about colin. ricky felt so much pain, knowing that the girl he loved all these years was in so much pain as well. he couldn't stand looking at her when she was sad.

"hey, hey, nini. don't worry. i'll be here with you. i'll help you raise this baby." ricky suggests.

nini's head turned to him. "no, no you don't need to, you're not obliged to do so."

"hey, it's ok. i'm helping you raise this baby, no matter what.

"and why? why would you do this?"

"because i love you and i'm going to love your baby as much as i love you."

nini's eyes widen and tears started to fall from her face. "y-you still lo-love m-me?"

"of course. nini, ever since we broke up,
i couldn't stop thinking about you. you're the only girl for me, the only girl i'll ever love and will love forever."

nini didn't say a word, instead she pulled his neck so she could give him a kiss. "ricky, thank you so much. i love you too."

ricky was there through every stage of her pregnancy. the couple decided to move in together, so ricky would be able to take care of her. they decided to wait until her 5th month to tell their parents. the good thing was their families have been so supportive which made the couple happy and relieved at the same time.

over dinner with nini's mothers, carol pulled ricky aside while dana and nini were cleaning up. "ricky, thank you so much for being there for our daughter. even if the baby she's carrying isn't your biological child, all we know is that you would take care of the both of them. dana and i are so lucky that you are our daughter's partner."

"thank you carol. i love nini and her baby so much. i promise that i'll take care of them and i will treat the baby as my own." ricky replies, looking at nini at a distance.

nini was due anytime now. luckily, it was their term break. she was fixing up and getting ready for bed, when suddenly her water broke. she shouted ricky's name three times to get his attention. he immediately grabbed the baby bag and took her to the hospital.

she was in labor for 16 hours. she was in so much pain because of the contractions she's experiencing. ricky was there, holding her hand and cheering her on, saying that she could do it, amidst the pain.

finally, her baby girl was born.

"aww, nins, she's beautiful. she's all you." ricky says, caressing the girl's soft cheek.

"i can't wait to raise this baby with you." nini replies.

"me too."

note: not the best but i hope you enjoyed! stay safe!