June 15th

The smell of warm summer rain hitting the asphalt filled the air. Will ride his bike over to Tom's house, enjoying the small raindrops dotting his face. He set his bike down and knocked on the Blake's door. His mother answered the door and already knew what he was doing there
"Tom is upstairs"
Will opened the door to Tom's room and winced.
"How do you live in this mess?"
Books, laundry and God knows what else was scattered around.
"Eh it's fineeeee"
"Your roommate in university is gonna hate you."
Tom shrugged. Will stepped around the minefield and sat down on his bed.
Tom laid out and rested his head on his hands and looked up at Will,
"Sooooo did ya get accepted to Oxford?"
"I did yes."
Tom's face drooped and he muttered,
"I didn't."
Will felt his heart sink,
"Where will you be attending then?"
"Well I got accepted into Boston university in America.."
Both of them knew what this meant. The room was silent except for the rain outside. Tom slowly sat up, still looking down. Will only shifted his gaze when he felt something fall in his hand. Tom was crying now, making his already rosy cheeks even redder. Will reaches his hand over to Tom's,
"Look, we both know what's gonna happen so why don't we try to make the best of the time we have."
Will thought this might help. It didn't. Tom was now sobbing. Will gently pulled him into his arms and rubbed Tom's head.
"Maybe instead of crying, we could go out and do something?
Tom lifted his head up and nodded in agreement. Will jumped up and tried to get his friend in a passable mood again,
"I'll do whatever you wanna do. Except partying, you know I don't do that."
Tom laughed, "Typical Will."

"Mom we're going out!" Tom shouted
"Not until you've taken Myrtle out on a walk you're not" his mother called back
"We'll be back soon see ya!"
"Thomas Blake get back here!"
He and Will ran and shut the door. They didn't stop running. Laughter and the splashing of puddles resonated through the empty air.
"So hey uh where are we running to?" Tom eventually laughed out.
"Good question."
They slowed to an amble. Tom gasped and ran again, Will sighed. Tom spotted a patch of cherry blossoms and ran over to them to inspect.
"Aren't these gorgeous, Will?"
"Yes, almost as-" he paused
"As what?"
Will cleared his throat and choked out, "uh you.."
Tom's face lit up, his small laugh sounded so sweet and innocent. Both of them blushed. Will looked away out of shyness, Tom always knew he had a thing for him and the feeling was mutual though they rarely showed it. Tom dashed over and grabbed Will's cheeks, slamming his lips into Will's. As soon as it started, it ended as Tom pulled back with a small laugh, his cheeks even redder than normal. He seemed to radiate against the grey sky and rain.

Today was fun, Tom and I just laid down and chatted under those cherry trees. He wouldn't stop rambling about them and usually I find it annoying however today I enjoyed it. Luckily we still have until August 8th until he leaves for America. I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible with him. I never noticed how beautiful he is. There's something so wholesome about him, with his soft blue eyes and gentle yet intense smile. Despite being 19, he still looks untouched by the world. I just want to make sure he has the best summer before we don't get to see each other for another year or even longer.