Ch.5 Dream or Nightmare?

-Third pov

The storm hit the city sooner than what she thought it would. The rain was fast and hard. Every raindrop stung. She stopped and looked around for shelter. There was a blue door in an alley. She ran up to it, but her mind told her that it must be locked. She put her hand on the knob anyway and it surprisingly opened. She hesitantly stepped inside and looked down the hall. The girl took a deep breath and walked down to the opening of the main room. She peeked her head around the corner to see a man with his back facing her. He was finishing up on a porcelain doll.

"E-excuse me." The girl said shyly before the man froze. She took a step back as she struggled to control her nerves. The man set the doll down and slowly turned his head to face her. The girl twiddled her thumbs nervously.

"I'm sorry to intrude and interrupt your work." She said sincerely before the man smiled and stepped away from the doll.

"That's alright my dear. I'm sure you only seeked shelter to  get out of the harsh rain." He replied before the girl giggled nervously.

"I'll only stay until the rain stops-" She said before the man interrupted her.

"So that you can get back to your mother and father." He stated. His tone almost sounded disappointed.

"I         I don't have a mom or dad." She replied before sniffling a little. The man grew curious, confused, and concerned.

"The people there are cruel. They are abusive. I snuck out of the orphanage before it rained." She explained before wiping away tears. The man slowly walked up to her.

"You don't have a home?" He asked before the girl shook her head.

"You can live here if you wish. You need to simply ask." He said with a gentle smile on his face. Her face lit up from the offer.

"Can I live here?" The girl asked before the man smiled a little and nodded his head.

"Absolutely.        What is your name dear?" He asked as the girl smiled.

"Y/n l/n." She replied. The man introduced himself as Jason. Jason the Toymaker. He showed her around and introduced her to several toys that she immediately liked before taking her to her new room.

"Welcome home Y/n." He said before putting the porcelain doll in her hands. Y/n couldn't help but hug Jason as tight as she could.

-Your pov

"It almost feels like it's supposed to be one dream." Maria said before readjusting the camera. I scoffed a little.

"Or a nightmare. I don't know why, but it feels like it's going to turn dark." I added before Maria readjusted again with a smile on her face. More like a smirk.

"Did you meet my boss yet?" She asked before my face started blushing. Maria gasped.

"You did! How did it go? You're blushing so it must have been good." She said before laughing.

"We first met at my boss's wedding. We danced and talked a little. That man came back and broke my doll several weeks ago, but Jason is fixing her. He stopped by several times since then to get flowers.  And     " I paused wondering if I should tell her.

"And what? Don't stop there." Maria begged. I smiled a little.

"I asked him if he wanted to go out Sunday afternoon. Spend the day together." I finished before Maria squealed in excitement.

"That's awesome Y/n! You got this Y/n!" She shouted making me smile more.

"I think I'm falling for him Maria.    I hope he feels the same way." I added before her eyes widened.

"He has to. The two of you are a little more than just friends and-" She said before a question popped into my mind.

"Have you been seeing someone Maria?" I asked before she grew quiet. I knew she was trying to put her words together.

"There's a guy that comes here pretty often. He likes to mess with me whenever he gets the chance." She replied before I smiled.

"He likes you Maria. If you like him then ask him out." I said as she bit her lip. She was about to speak before a voice called her.

"I got to go.  Call me if you need anything." She said while sitting up.

"Ok, love ya.  Bye." I said before ending the call and walking over to my closet. Sunday is in two days, but I want to pick out my outfit ahead of time. I hope time speeds up.

-Jason pov

"Maria, that was way too soon. I don't want to scare her." I said before putting Maggie and Daisy back on the table. Maria sighed.

"It's stuff that she needs to know. Y/n has always been restless ever since she moved in that house. But she never had dreams. I did what you asked and told her to write them down as soon as they started." She replied before Puppeteer attached his strings to her wrists making her dab. I could tell that Maria was irritated by his actions when she ripped the strings off of her.

"Ass." She mumbled while Puppeteer laughed. Puppeteer has always liked her. He always found it fun messing with her even when she gets pissed. 

"But you're going too fast." I added while she walked over to Y/n's doll. She studied it for a moment before looking back at me.

"It's the important events. I try to space them out to give more time, but I can only do it for so long." She replied before walking towards her room.

"Maria." I said. She stopped and looked back at me.

"You are aware of what will happen when you give her the last dream,  right?" I asked. Her eyes were threatening to let tears fall. Her breath started shaking.

" Yes.     Yes I'm aware." She whispered before closing the door. I sighed and went back to work. I could hear Puppeteer get back up and walk towards me. We're all aware of what will happen to her.  Puppeteer hated it the most.

"Jason,      when that does happen,     could you maybe      reverse it?" I had a feeling he was going to ask me that. There's a possibility that I can, but I'm not sure if it will work.

"I'll try.  But I can't promise success." I replied. Puppeteer sighed and nodded his head before leaving to get some kills in before tonight. I'm now alone with just my thoughts and emotions.  I'm excited and nervous about Sunday. I'm so dam close.  I can not mess this up.    I can't.