Find me, Kiss me

The police surrounded the white picket fenced house, inspecting the tragic crime scene thoroughly. Other officers soon closed off the view to the public eye with 'Do Not Cross' tape.

The entire block being cut off to the citizens of the town. Soon ambulance and police sirens lit up the neighborhood in red and blue lights, causing casual lurkers about.

News reporters quickly arrived on the scene. Detective Hix enters the lavish looking home and is instantly greeted by the scent of death. Simply slipping on his disposable, white latex gloves. An officer of a lower rank escorted him up stairs where the crime supposedly happened.

As he made his way up the stairs he immediately noticed the odd smell of a distinctive cherry red scented perfume.

The scent of it being all too familiar to the detective, causing him to slowly slip into the flashback to the night his life completely changed for the worst.

He's then harshly snapped back into reality when he hears a blood curdling scream. Instantaneously reaching for his gun, his cool yet focused olive, green eyes darting around the room for any obvious signs of danger. Only to notice everyone seemingly unphased by the sound, apparently not hearing it.

Turning to the nearby officer. ''Didn't you hear that?'' Hix questioned with concern heavily laced in his voice. ''Hear what?'' The officer responded dismissing his concerned tone which caused Hix to raise an eyebrow in suspicion.

Leading the detective to the victim's room only to be met with what appears to be a hurricane that flew through the room. The entire room was a mess. The evidence already labeled and taken into custody. But what really caught his eyes was the words written in a bubblegum pink lipstick. Which read the words ''Find me, kiss me.''

Hix was both stunned and puzzled with the words written, trying to mentally decipher any hidden meaning. The crime scene specialist let out a small shiver as she entered the bedroom. The atmosphere alone could send a chill up the boldest of bold's spine.

''Tragic, isn't it? Can't remember the last time we had a case like this.'' She commented, snapping a few more pictures around the room. Aiming the camera at the wall written with words, the sound of the camera's flash echoed throughout the room.

The officer gave a nod of agreement to her statement as he placed his hands on his waistband casually.

''I want this entire room inspected from top to bottom, nothing goes unnoticed.'' Hix said in a commanding and controlled manner. ''And there will be no idiocy or clumsiness allowed, am i understood?''

The officer replied with a simple, nonchalant ''yes sir.'' it being apparent that he was used to being ordered around. Exiting the room after his reply with the specialist trailing behind soon after.

Hix ran his hand through his silky, jet black hair in pure frustration. Now Stonehaven wasn't a town widely known for something as serious as murder. Petty things like robbery and pickpocketing, sure. But realistically the town was small and closed off. Murder not being unheard of yet not frequent.

The town was shaken to its core by this unfortunate mystery.

The distant and muffled sound of a phone's ringtone going off grabbed his attention. Though being unable to find the exact location of the source of music he noticed it became louder as he walked near the queen sized bed.

With little to no hesitation he flung the comforter and blanket from the bed. To reveal a rather expensive looking cell phone, the phone's case a bright pink. Reaching for the phone he quickly pressed the 'Answer' button that appeared. The phone remaining on the bed.

''Find me, kiss me.'' Was all that was said on the other end, the words flowed in a sing-songy tune. The initial voice of a child, but it was clear that it was heavily distorted.

Not having nearly enough time to respond considering whoever was on the other end hung up the call rather quickly.

Seconds later the sound of loud television static filled the room. Taken back in surprise Hix turned his head towards the direction he assumed the sound came from.

The static soon cleared only to be replaced with a spam of photos of the deceased victim on her desktop screen. The picture's were extremely graphic showing the victim, Jessica's head decapitated.

Dark, red blood oozing it's way down her unoccupied neck. Her body a sickly blue.

The spam then quickly ends and the desktop returns to its normal setting.

A huge wave of emotions rushing over the rather young detective. So much so he didn't begin to notice the victim's mother, Ivy trembling in the doorway with her eyes widened. Her hands shakily placed over her mouth in sheer disbelief and terror. The feeling of nausea overwhelming her just at the thought of her beloved daughter that way.

Seeming to snap back into the reality of the situation she let out a brutal cry.

''My baby!''

The detective became easily irritated at Ivy's abrupt shouts. Telling the lurking officers to escort her from the scene. She refuses the gesture and instead begins to fight against them, struggling to remove their grip.

Hix turns around to walk out of the victim's bedroom when the desktop then changes to the victim alive and well at a frat party, seeming to enjoy herself. A distant commotion from outside caused him to turn away from the now glitchy desktop.

''Let us through!'' The clearly distraught group of teens protested, becoming frustrated at the officers keeping them at bay. ''Jessica!'' One of the teens shouted, apparently not aware of what had transpired. This being more than enough to cause Hix to rush down the stairs and straight to the front door.

Catching sight of the detective they soon turned their pleading to him. ''Look man you have to let us in, we're her friends!'' Exclaimed the group, continuing their attempt at shoving their way through. Hix narrowed his eyes at the group, mentally profiling each one before he spoke.

''Please, please you gotta let me through, that's my girlfriend!'' One teen in particular insisted. It was obvious he already feared the worst with his tear filled eyes. He personally stood out to Hix, was it the fact he looked more disheveled than the others or maybe was it because he was the only one showing actual tears.

Hix walked up to the 'Do Not Cross' tape to address them directly. ''That is enough. When I count to ten I expect each and every one of you to be going home. Until you're all formally questioned that is.'' His words were so stern there wasn't a need to raise his voice at the bunch of rioting teen

''So, it is true, she did it!'' The smaller girl in the group shrieked. ''Karina, calm down.'' Hushed one of the teens clearly becoming uncomfortable by Karina's outburst. ''No, no, no..'' Her words trailing off as her state of extreme distress raised.

Karina became frantic whilst she shouted uncontrollably. ''She did it! You guys, she actually did it!'' Grabbing at the sides of her face in horror. This instantly catches detective Hixs attention. Turning to her his face wore a serious expression. ''What did you just say?'' His tone was somewhat harsh.

''Come here.'' He practically ordered the girl. Making the 'come here' motion with his right index finger. Thus causing her icy blue eyes to widen, slowly backing away from the group. ''N-no...no.'' Stuttering over words as she fumbled backwards. This being the cue for the detective to step forwards, toward her.

Inching closer and closer to the curbs edge with her eyes locked onto his, not daring to look away but a second too late. His words only caused the frail girl to back up more, ignoring her friends warnings and pleads for her to stop.

It all seemed to move in slow motion for the detective. ''Watch out for th-!''His words of warning cut off at the sound death defining impact.